Default 2002 Moomba Mobius bilge kicking on after cruising

So anytime I cruise around or pull someone and come to a stop, my bilge float will come on and kick out a steady stream for 3-5 seconds. I have checked the bottom of boat for holes or cracks and can’t find any. I will be checking the shaft seal this weekend. I have read it’s probably the seal but is that much water entering through the shaft when I run around or pull a tuner/Wakeboard likely? 250 hours and don’t think much shaft has ever been repacked. Haven’t really noticed when sitting and swimming only after a run.

I'd start with just tightening the packing nut. If it's still leaking, then replace the packing, but may save you a couple hours if you don't have to replace it.

Check your hoses, water pump, block plugs, etc. I had a leaky water pump that surprisingly filled up the bilge more and more the longer I let it slide. At least it was nice warm water bath that helped cleaned it out...
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

My 03 outback ls was doing the exact same thing.When running I believe the water runs to the back,when you stop it runs forward and the bilge kicks on.I had to tighten the packing nut a very small amount.
    jy

My 2005 Mobius has always done this. It's really bad when surfing. I've replaced the shaft packing a few times. I've pulled up the cover under the back seat when running and see water coming from somewhere in front of it. I just deal with it. It does slowly degrade the steering cable though. We just hit 1000 hours.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
    05 Mobius LSV - gravity 3 ballast and wake plate
    single axle trailer
    DIY hot water shower installed
    DIY tube inflator installed