Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intro

Default Intro

Hello all, picked up a 2018 Moomba Mondo a few months ago and have been cruising the forums since so decided to actually join. The Mondo is an upgrade from a 2008 SeaRay 195 Sport that we picked up a couple years ago to see if the family would take to boating/water sport activities. They enjoy being out on the lake so pulled the trigger on an upgrade this year so we could have a little more elbow room for friends to join in the fun. Not to mention I would see people surfing and wanted to be able to try, as it looked like fun and a lot less impact on these old bones! In short just wanted to introduce myself and be able to access/communicate in the event I have any questions that I can’t find answers to in the forums.
    2018 Moomba Mondo

Welcome. I'm new around here as well but thought I'd chime in because my family also came from the SeaRay world to a Mondo just this last year. After 7 years of enjoying our SeaRay SkiRay Spitfire, we picked up a 2017 Mondo in October of 2019 for all the same reasons you mentioned. Enjoy!
    2017 Moomba Mondo

I would say congrats and welcome but the rule around here is pics or you didn't buy it...

enjoy.....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

See if this works!
    Boat 2.jpgBoat 3.jpg
    2018 Moomba Mondo

nice whip......
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Congrats. Lots of great info here. Enjoy the new Mondo. I just noticed how much it looks like a smaller version of the Mojo, paint scheme and all.
    Post interior pics.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

Isaguel,

It is very similar to the Mojo, just got wet and shrunk a little My priority was being able to fit it in the garage and also be able to tow with my current SUV without getting to close to the tow rating so I could still load up the boat and car with all the toys, camping gear, etc. (mainly large cooler full of beer and whiskey). Was contemplating on going bigger with the boat and getting a storage unit, but I like the convenience of storing at the house for easy loading/unloading/cleaning etc. Here are a couple pictures of the interior, not very good ones but will give you an idea. I had the carpet out to take pictures for comparison of the gatorstep templates online. Replacing the carpet in the next couple of weeks. Get tired of drying it out all the time!Floor pic 1.jpgFloor pic 2.jpgFloor pic 3.jpgIMG_1528.jpg
    2018 Moomba Mondo

Congrats...
    2019' Moomba Max

Very nice - welcome to the family. Beware - these guys can help you spend your money faster than you can make it...
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Nice. You have to match the boat size to your needs. Even the Mondo is prolly getting close to the tow capacity of the Benz. Keeping the boat in the garage is a huge plus. With the Mojo, with the tower folded down I still needed almost 9ft clearance. With the FX one tower on the Supra I can now fit it in the third stall. Sooo convenient for cleaning, detailing and not having to drive 15 mins to storage every time we want to go to lake that's 5 mins away.
    I liked my carpet on the Mojo. Pulled it out, rinsed it and it always looked clean. With the GS now, I have gotten on my knees with a soft brush and dawn dish soap and it still looks dirty, has spots wont come out. I know they sell a cleaner and I'll try it, but its a porous material and you're gonna get dirt and grime that will not come out. But it looks good!
    Well, enjoy the awesome new ride.!
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost