Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Build questions: walk thru screen, removal backseat...etc

Can someone explain what these actually are good for when building a mooomba boat?? Is it worth it?
    Walk thru screen?
    Removable back seat? Meaning... is the feature where it slides up to create another seat looking back?
    Surf pipe- I know what it is... but can you add it on later if you decide you want it? Is it worth it.

Thanks!

My $0.02

Walk through screen: not worth it. Something else to store most of the time, ugly brackets in the walk through are permanent, and taking the bow filler cushion and standing it up under the windshield serves the same purpose.

Seat backs: the good part of that - behind the captains seat - is standard now. I don't know anyone who actually uses the center seat back.

Surf pipe: I don't have it and wish I did. It can absolutely be added later but its kind of a pain in the ass (or expensive install) to do after the fact.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

Quote Originally Posted by korey View Post
    My $0.02

Walk through screen: not worth it. Something else to store most of the time, ugly brackets in the walk through are permanent, and taking the bow filler cushion and standing it up under the windshield serves the same purpose.

Seat backs: the good part of that - behind the captains seat - is standard now. I don't know anyone who actually uses the center seat back.

Surf pipe: I don't have it and wish I did. It can absolutely be added later but its kind of a pain in the ass (or expensive install) to do after the fact.

great info korey. thanks

so the walk thru screen is a screen that goes between the windshield and the bow? not really understanding what it is and its purpose....??

It stands vertically in the walk through, under the windshield. Its purpose is to close off the cockpit from wind/rain. Like i said we take the filler cushion and stand it vertically in the same space.

2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

I kind of wish I had the walk through screen, but not necessary. I wouldn't buy the seat back, I've used ours once. Putting a surf pipe in after the fact was not fun, I will always order that factory from now on.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    2016 Mojo surf edition
    1100lbs rear w/ 475lbs piggyback mid/ center 700lbs/ 500lbs IBS/ 600 lbs lead
    ACME 2315

Here is a picture I found of the screen. The paper peels off to reveal a black tinted plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by korey View Post
    Here is a picture I found of the screen. The paper peels off to reveal a black tinted plastic.

Thanks this makes sense now.... always wondered what it was....

Quote Originally Posted by schwan View Post
    I kind of wish I had the walk through screen, but not necessary. I wouldn't buy the seat back, I've used ours once. Putting a surf pipe in after the fact was not fun, I will always order that factory from now on.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    good info... thank you

here in the desert a windscreen is a waste of monies. when we lived in green bay it got a lot of use on late fall days and coming back in the dark. keeps the cold breeze off the ladies. it was worth having but I never checked off a box. was always included. I would say your use or lack of will be related to your location and times you are out. don't ask us on here, ask the boss storing it is usually pretty easy. we stuffed it alongside the gunnels behind the passenger seat storage. always somewhere to stick it out of the way.

convertible rear seat, waste of monies imo.

surfpipe, that's all personal preference. we've never had one so can't say we would like it or not and are not getting one with current boat we are inking on.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    here in the desert a windscreen is a waste of monies. when we lived in green bay it got a lot of use on late fall days and coming back in the dark. keeps the cold breeze off the ladies. it was worth having but I never checked off a box. was always included. I would say your use or lack of will be related to your location and times you are out. don't ask us on here, ask the boss storing it is usually pretty easy. we stuffed it alongside the gunnels behind the passenger seat storage. always somewhere to stick it out of the way.

convertible rear seat, waste of monies imo.

surfpipe, that's all personal preference. we've never had one so can't say we would like it or not and are not getting one with current boat we are inking on.
    your a wise man.... since i am in northern minnesota...maybe for the couple hundred it may be worth it! gotta go ask the boss lol