Default Moomba Max to a Supra SA or SL

Anyone gone from a Max to a Supra SA or SL? 80% of what we do is surfing, 20% wakeboarding. Obviously the Supra’s are nicer boats, but on wave alone (mine is setup with about 6000 lbs total ballast) is either of the Supra models superior?
    2014 Moomba LSV
    2018 Moomba Max

The SA is a wave monster with stock ballast plus 500# lead.

I would guess if you got your Max dialed in, the wave is comparable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

SA wave is just a different beast. Ride behind one with upgraded Enzos, or some lead added, and compare for yourself.
    2019' Moomba Max

SA, SL, SE wave is going to be an upgrade over a Moomba, even the Max or Makai.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

I upgraded from a 2018 Max with over 6000lbs of ballast to an 2020 SE. The wave is better and easier to setup. The Supra transition is smooth, the wave seems to hook more giving more room to play and the back of the wave seems to catch you rather than letting you float out. I thought I would have to add bags and lots of lead to the SE like I have done with other boats but it really just doesn’t need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

I agree with Boone. I went from Mojo with upgraded Enzo bags and it had a great wave, but now with the SL, I only have 200lbs of added lead bags in the stern. The wave is longer, it curls more and as boone mentioned, I can surf quite far back and still experience significant push. I can set the wave more mellow where I don't feel like I am skiing down a triple diamond and yet, I still have plenty of push which allows for more room to play. I still think its mostly due to displacement. The SL is at least 1200lbs heavier than the Mojo. With a tank that holds an extra 28 gallons, that's an extra 200lbs. So, yeah, I don't think its so much about hull design or plates or anything else, you're just moving a lot more water. I'm not saying that hull shape or wake/surf plates aren't a factor, I just don't believe it matters as much as raw displacement. I believe the setup you use, percentage of deployment of tabs, list and weight distribution, speed, after you displace a s*** ton of water ,are the biggest factors, no matter what boat you use.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

Rode an SL this afternoon. It has 500 lbs lead and there was 1200 lbs worth of people in the boat. Wave was significantly longer with as much push as my Max with 6000 lbs ballast. Was unreal how far back I could go. Could build crazy speed coming forward.
    2014 Moomba LSV
    2018 Moomba Max