Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

That is great news. I would say that is a bargain considering the cost of new racks.
    Thanks for the update, I am sure this happens more often than we think.

You could get the racks custom powder coated.

Black would look great.

BTW, your interior is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    That is great news. I would say that is a bargain considering the cost of new racks.
    Thanks for the update, I am sure this happens more often than we think.

You could get the racks custom powder coated.

Black would look great.

BTW, your interior is awesome.

Absolutely agree. was prepared to pay well over 1 k for the total. I was surprised when they quoted me the price, so went ahead and bought some more lead with the extra cash .

Thanks, the interior was my daughter's design. I had it built originally black and red, she overruled me and designed this on the site. After living with it, I like this better. Pecan, khaki and fired red cubix.

My dealer said it does happen every so often, especially people pulling into their lifts and forgetting to turn in the racks, ouch. I hope this post helps others who may run into the same predicament.

Lesson learned is, you can't buy these parts separately. PTM does not stock them, nor does Supra or anyone else. If you ever have to repair them, PTM will have to build them to order and fit them into their production line. You will need to go through your dealer though. Another reason take your business to a good dealer. NM has always been awesome to me. Thankfully they're made right in TN. It would be a PITA if they were overseas.
    Last edited by Isaguel; 08-09-2020 at 08:23 AM.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

Thats crazy they dont stock spare parts. I cant believe people get away with doing business like that. You would think the boat manufactures would pressure them to stock parts.

I have one that is broke now. It wont stay locked in place. Im gonna take it apart in the winter, and prob machine my own parts for it. $350 installed sounds like a great deal tho. Id pay that. Only reason Im considering making my own, is because Ill make spares, in case it ever happens again.
    2019' Moomba Max

"I have one that is broke now. It wont stay locked in place"

Same here. I have the roswell racks and hit mine pulling into a slip about 2 years ago. I've worked that thing several times and cannot get the pin to stay locked. Roswell sells some kind of "magnetic swivel" thing but a) not sure if that's the right part and b) they're hella expensive.
    2016 Craz

To be clear. Supra uses PTM racks.
    I don't know what the situation is with Roswell stocking parts, they may very well offer them.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 F150 Lariat

Quote Originally Posted by Isaguel View Post
    To be clear. Supra uses PTM racks.
    I don't know what the situation is with Roswell stocking parts, they may very well offer them.
    LOL...I didnt even think about that. Hopefully, one of these will work. https://www.roswellmarine.com/produc...ories/swivels/
    2019' Moomba Max

powder coated racks.jpg

These look so good. Has anyone powder coated their racks. Where does one go for this.? I'd like to look into pricing.
    Every piece is coated. Do they have to disassemble the thing? How about the rubber protecting pads on the tines?
    Last edited by Isaguel; 12-25-2020 at 10:09 AM.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 F150 Lariat

Powder coaters are everywhere.

You would need to disassemble and mask the mating surfaces for it to be 1st class.

Have had all sorts of powder coating done and it looks outstanding. Brake calipers, headers, guns etc.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Powder Coating does look great on accent parts. Not sure if I've seen it on PTM racks.

I'm betting there are a quite a few parts on on those racks. Would probably need to buy some new pads, but that is not a big deal.
    2018 Supra SL400

Default Broke my racks. Help

The PWT racks have been powder coated black some years.

Last edited by larry_arizona; 12-25-2020 at 03:49 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan