Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Phase 5

Default Phase 5

Check the Phase 5 webpage. They have the catalogue online and it will list all the boards and the recommendations for each. At 250, there are some specific boards like the Trident that might fit your size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz
    2007 LSV - Sold
    2003 Outback - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Sickpainter View Post
    I have a hammer head but its a little to unstable for me i can ride it but not comfortable but like the speed so trying to find something fast but stable im 6'2 250
    Before you buy a new board try putting a 2” fin on your hammerhead and see how it feels.

https://phase5boards.com/products/ph...-tail-fin-skim

We bought my wife a phase5 LUV a few years ago and she was having trouble with how “loose” the board felt (and I was having trouble with how much money we spent on a board she didn’t like haha) so I put a 2” fin on it for the rest of the season. She loved it! The next season I went back to the original fin and she’s never looked back.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

I have a the phantom as well. Had a guy up that was 225 on it and he could hold the wave. Love that board super fast. I am still figuring out how to do the bottom turn on it since its rails are so long and straight.
    2018 Craz, 3000lbs stock ballast, ENZOs, 500lb Lead Ballast, Still chasing the best wave!

I’m 250 - 260 and recently ordered a soulcraft voodoo for my surf style board but I’m looking at the phase 5 trident or the model x for s skim style

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Local place demos liquid force tried the keen 60" which is skim style and loved it

Quote Originally Posted by gtsum2 View Post
    I’m 250 - 260 and recently ordered a soulcraft voodoo for my surf style board but I’m looking at the phase 5 trident or the model x for s skim style

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    The Trident is awesome. How do I know? Been riding one for the last month. I believe the recommended weight for it is 190 or above, I'm a little less than that, but have no problems. Love it.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by Sickpainter View Post
    Local place demos liquid force tried the keen 60" which is skim style and loved it
    My son is 6’5” and 320 and he does great with the 59” P5 Doctor. We also use it for newbies it has lots of push so we can dial down the wave to cut down on the “nose-dives”. Very versatile board. I don’t have a recent pic, this pic is from earlier in the season when we had just gotten the new Mojo, he can go rope less all day now with that board.

2020 Moomba Mojo
    2008 Mastercraft Prostar 197 40th Anniversary
    Owner Ness Lake Watersports
    Wakemakers “Exact Fit” Bags + Lead = 4,700 ballast
    Audio by Wetsounds, MTX, JL Audio, Clarion
    15 X 13.00 ACME prop

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy2slow View Post
    My son is 6’5” and 320 and he does great with the 59” P5 Doctor. We also use it for newbies it has lots of push so we can dial down the wave to cut down on the “nose-dives”. Very versatile board. I don’t have a recent pic, this pic is from earlier in the season when we had just gotten the new Mojo, he can go rope less all day now with that board.

I have the P5 Doctor too, great board for big guys.

Sent from my Note 9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

I bought a new Aku it’s seems well built and high quality. I just seem to like skim style boards so much more. I also have a p5 prop (skim style)which I love so I don’t use the Aku often, maybe I need to give it more of a chance. For those who like surf style boards what are the advantages/disadvantages? I like doing 180s/360s, , sliding/grinding board, trying to launch board out of water and just now started riding regular foot on goofy side which is fun and a new challenge. Up to this point skim style boards just suit my style and what I like to do out there.
    Last edited by Bch53211; 07-24-2020 at 05:59 PM.

We got a Diamond this year and love it.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190