Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: prop swap time

Default prop swap time

Added 2 720 midship bags to a 2020 moomba max and finally got enough wave for me to surf....wife and kids could surf before ballast but i couldnt
    so with 1000 each rear and 1000 under bow and another 1440 mid ship getting up to 11 mph with wife and too kids was tough with out adding alot of center plate. no way we get there with a full crew . talked with Eric at OJ props and he suggested to go to the 930 from the 932. was just looking to get some feed back from any of you guys who may have done this already and how its worked pulling top end ect..

The 932 is a 15.5 x 16.5 whereas the 930 is a 15.5 x 15.25, the lower pitch should give you some more low end grunt without sacrificing too much top end speed.

Wakemakers has a performance guarantee for $50, if you aren't satisfied with the performance, you can swap it out.

You might also want to reach out to Acme for a prop recommendation. Shoot them an email with details like boat, motor, ballast and elevation. They get back pretty quick to you. [email protected]

If you end up going Acme over OJ, check out Nettle props....they seem to have the best Acme pricing and you get a gift certificate for $50 off prop repair w/ your purchase.

Sent from my Note 9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

I went with the acme 2419 to replace the oj “surf” prop. No complaints thus far
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    I went with the acme 2419 to replace the oj “surf” prop. No complaints thus far
    The Acme 2419 and 2937 were both reccomended for my Craz as improvements over the original OJ 945.

Since we primarily surf loaded down, in a region known for engine heat soak, I went with the 2937 15 x 11. It's a hole shot beast and surf RPMs are way lower. Definitely a great upgrade this season!

I don't have any massive lakes to cross so a little loss of top end was no concern to me.

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    The Acme 2419 and 2937 were both reccomended for my Craz as improvements over the original OJ 945.

Since we primarily surf loaded down, in a region known for engine heat soak, I went with the 2937 15 x 11. It's a hole shot beast and surf RPMs are way lower. Definitely a great upgrade this season!

I don't have any massive lakes to cross so a little loss of top end was no concern to me.

I bet she’s a stump puller with that prop!
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Default prop swap time

What rpm and speed are you running with that RC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    What rpm and speed are you running with that RC?

10.8 , around 4200 rpm

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    10.8 , around 4200 rpm

I know you’ve mentioned it before, but clearly you are running a crap ton of ballast. Very nice. I still need to get my spare prop, only reason I’m asking.

2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by prostock View Post
    Added 2 720 midship bags to a 2020 moomba max and finally got enough wave for me to surf....wife and kids could surf before ballast but i couldnt
    so with 1000 each rear and 1000 under bow and another 1440 mid ship getting up to 11 mph with wife and too kids was tough with out adding alot of center plate. no way we get there with a full crew . talked with Eric at OJ props and he suggested to go to the 930 from the 932. was just looking to get some feed back from any of you guys who may have done this already and how its worked pulling top end ect..
    What prop do you have now?

I have 15x13 OJ 945 and it will get to surf speeds no problem with 4,770 lbs of ballast.

Getting to wakeboard speeds is a different story if doing a hole shot but we don’t wake board so not an issue. If we have to move spots while fully ballasted I just drain drain some out real quick from the rear bags. Otherwise it takes a bit to get to planing speeds. I haven’t tried Autowake for wakeboard set speeds to know if we get the “launch” feature where it not only drops center plate but also the surf tabs to help get the boat out of the water. I know Supras with Autowake does this but not sure if Moomba does.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    I know you’ve mentioned it before, but clearly you are running a crap ton of ballast. Very nice. I still need to get my spare prop, only reason I’m asking.

If I have a decent crew I just run my Enzo's & lead for 4,600 lbs.

If there are only 2-3 of us, lately the norm, I have a 1,000 lb Sumo sac that fits in the space over the vdrive hump with the rear seat slid forward for 5,600 lbs.