Default Which Relay To Get - Basic Electrical Question (For People Who Know Electricity)

Long story short I'd like feedback/guidance on relay selection. The relays will be used to operate reversible ballast pumps.

12v pump, stated draw is 11.5 amps. Its on a 20 amp circuit breaker.

The relay needs to be waterproof/marine grade, continuous duty and handle 20 amp start up surge.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XC6KHD3/ref=emc_b_5_i?th=1

This appears to fit the bill, would it work well?

Do I need something heavier duty?

Any other suggestions for relay?
    2009 Mobius LSV
    Gravity 3 Ballast

That should work just fine for your application wired as a positive trigger.

I assume you’ll use the 20 amp breaker feed you mentioned as the main power to the relay (30 in the diagram), if not be sure to add an inline fuse there.

2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

How many pumps are you wiring?

Wakemakers makes a reversible pump harness that I’ve used in the past for simplicities sake along with their ballast timers. Doesn’t look like theirs even uses a relay, so I assume the included switch can handle the amp draw.

If your budget allows this would be the easiest route:

https://www.wakemakers.com/premium-r...g-harness.html
    2018 Murder Max

3 pumps total. And am hoping to reuse the 3 existing switches and save some cash. If it doesnt work ill rewire or get the wake makers harness.

Thanks for the help.
    2009 Mobius LSV
    Gravity 3 Ballast

Quote Originally Posted by 2009MobiusLSV View Post
    3 pumps total. And am hoping to reuse the 3 existing switches and save some cash. If it doesnt work ill rewire or get the wake makers harness.

Thanks for the help.
    Here’s a couple wiring diagrams I found that might help:

2018 Murder Max

Actually it depends on the electricity supplier you use in your home and if you think you pay some much every month , it’s better to find another supplier. I can recommend a free service that will help you to choose the right supplier for your home. I have tried many different suppliers. And in the end, I was advised to use usave to compare between the suppliers in my area before calling them and ask about options they have. I changed my supplier and now i pay less than before. And if you are looking for something cheaper. There are different suppliers there. You can choose the one you like.

You need a dpdt if you have reversible pumps
    2019 Moomba Craz - Autowake, 3600lb ballast + 400# lead,OJ 945
    2015 Monterey 204FSX sold