Default Overheating - help!

2017 Craz - replaced the impeller a week ago and ran great for 2-3 days (~10 hours) then Sunday shortly after anchoring in a slightly weedy area got a DTC 116: ECT higher than expected stage 1 error message. Temps climbed up towards 225f so I shut it down and idled back to the marina. I don't know if it's impeller related or perhaps I pulled up some garbage in the raw water line.

I don't see any leaks on the impeller cover.
    I do NOT have a raw water strainer (lesson learned - will add now) - I pulled off the hose connected to the raw water shutoff and did not see any signs of debris.

If debris is the issue where else should I look? Tranny cooler? If so where?
    If impeller any ways to test that it's working properly?

Shop is 2-3 weeks out so I'd like to keep digging into potential options while I wait and to hopefully avoid missing a big part of the MN season.
    2017 Craz Raptor 400 Surf Edition

Could definitely be the impeller, I know there have been bad batches, just take it out and make sure it looks like it did when it went in.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    2016 Mojo surf edition
    1100lbs rear w/ 475lbs piggyback mid/ center 700lbs/ 500lbs IBS/ 600 lbs lead
    ACME 2315