Default Gravity 3 Reversible Pumps Trouble Shooting

I got a new to me, 2009 Mobius LSV last fall and have been working out the kinks this season.

Previous owner gave up on the factory installed gravity 3 ballast system for unknown reasons and had been using an over the side aerator pump with larger fatsac bags.

The boat still has all the factory components of the gravity 3 system (including original bags) and I'd like to revive the system but I can't seem to get the reversible pumps to spin.

I tore the boat apart last night checking the electrical components and as best as I can tell the boat...

Has power from battery going to the ballast pump circuit breaker,
    has power leaving the ballast pump circuit breaker,
    has power at the ballast pump distribution block,
    has power at the back of ballast rocker switches (but NO LIGHTS fill or empty)
    has power leaving the ballast rocker switches in fill mode when switch is set to fill,
    has power leaving the ballast rocker switches in empty mode when switch is set to empty,

Here is where I am stumped. The fill or empty signal going from the ballast rocker switch runs into Jabsco ballast timers (Model 18500-0520F version 1.1). These do not appear to be sending any signal to the pumps. The ballast pumps impellers appears intact, in good condition and relatively clean.

A few questions...
    Is it possible that all three Jabsco timers are simply broken and need replacement?

Would a broken ballast timer explain the lack of light on the ballast switch?

Can I test the ballast pump just by cutting off the connector and applying a 12 volts source?

Is there something else I may be missing, I keep hearing about under dash fuses but can't seem to find a ballast specific one?

Is there a way to re-wire the pumps simply excluding the timers from the system (either for testing sake or for good)?

If I was to start replacing items do I start with an upgraded ballast timer?

Or should I just start with an upgraded pump with a new rocker switch and eliminate the timers?

Thank you for reading!
    2009 Mobius LSV
    Gravity 3 Ballast

Quote Originally Posted by 2009MobiusLSV View Post
    I got a new to me, 2009 Mobius LSV last fall and have been working out the kinks this season.

Previous owner gave up on the factory installed gravity 3 ballast system for unknown reasons and had been using an over the side aerator pump with larger fatsac bags.

The boat still has all the factory components of the gravity 3 system (including original bags) and I'd like to revive the system but I can't seem to get the reversible pumps to spin.

I tore the boat apart last night checking the electrical components and as best as I can tell the boat...

Has power from battery going to the ballast pump circuit breaker,
    has power leaving the ballast pump circuit breaker,
    has power at the ballast pump distribution block,
    has power at the back of ballast rocker switches (but NO LIGHTS fill or empty)
    has power leaving the ballast rocker switches in fill mode when switch is set to fill,
    has power leaving the ballast rocker switches in empty mode when switch is set to empty,

Here is where I am stumped. The fill or empty signal going from the ballast rocker switch runs into Jabsco ballast timers (Model 18500-0520F version 1.1). These do not appear to be sending any signal to the pumps. The ballast pumps impellers appears intact, in good condition and relatively clean.

A few questions...
    Is it possible that all three Jabsco timers are simply broken and need replacement?

Would a broken ballast timer explain the lack of light on the ballast switch?

Can I test the ballast pump just by cutting off the connector and applying a 12 volts source?

Is there something else I may be missing, I keep hearing about under dash fuses but can't seem to find a ballast specific one?

Is there a way to re-wire the pumps simply excluding the timers from the system (either for testing sake or for good)?

If I was to start replacing items do I start with an upgraded ballast timer?

Or should I just start with an upgraded pump with a new rocker switch and eliminate the timers?

Thank you for reading!
    I wouldn't try to revive the old gravity system, it really really sucks. Apply 12v to the jabsco pumps and see if they work, you don't need the timers. If the jabsco run but don't move water you may need to replace the implellors which is pretty normal.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Update just tested the pumps, all 3 will spin with 12v applied. New impellers sounds much better than new pumps!

If i was just to bypass the timers, what would I need?
    2009 Mobius LSV
    Gravity 3 Ballast

Search here for ballast upgrades, lots of info or on wakemakers. Just connect the pumps to the switches or find out why the timers aren't working.

"WakeMAKERS Complete Reversible Pump Ballast System" https://www.wakemakers.com/wakemaker...st-system.html
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Are all the timers on a common ground? Is that ground good? If you bypass the timers you can just run the pumps in “manual” mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    Just connect the pumps to the switches
    I just found a wiring diagram to do this but as a last resort, as I would need to upgrade every wire.

The original wiring design had the switches only carrying and on/off signal and is small gauge wiring. The actual current went on a heavy gauge wire straight from battery to a distribution block 12 inches from each pump with small jumpers heading into the timer module and out the timer module to the ballast pump.

It appears my options are buy upgraded (20 Minute) plug and play timers or re-wire the system. I'll continue to searching, thanks!
    2009 Mobius LSV
    Gravity 3 Ballast

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    Are all the timers on a common ground? Is that ground good? If you bypass the timers you can just run the pumps in “manual” mode.
    Yes the timers were all on a common ground, but the ground is a heavy duty distribution block wired directly to the negative battery terminal, so I'd guess the ground was good.

Information on easier or simple ways to "bypass" the timers is what I'm after. It seems a significant rewiring project is in my future.

Thank you!
    2009 Mobius LSV
    Gravity 3 Ballast