Default 2014 Mojo 2.5 345 HP Engine Fault Warning - SPN 3050 FMI 11

Hi there, my 2014 Mojo 2.5 occasionally gives me the SPN 3050 FMI 11 code... If we're just surfing it's fine (which is what we mostly do), but if we go for a tour on the lake and drive around at 20Mph speed for a while it will pop up. Doesn't go into limp mode at all, and after it sits for a night, the code goes away. Doesn't always come up, so far 3 times this season out of about 30 hours run time...

Any ideas what it is, or how to fix it??

Thanks for any insight!!
    ----------------------------------------
    2014 Moomba Mojo 2.5
    2013 Moomba LSV (Sold)
    2013 Moomba Outback V (Sold)
    2002 Mastercraft X-5

Quote Originally Posted by costanza View Post
    Hi there, my 2014 Mojo 2.5 occasionally gives me the SPN 3050 FMI 11 code... If we're just surfing it's fine (which is what we mostly do), but if we go for a tour on the lake and drive around at 20Mph speed for a while it will pop up. Doesn't go into limp mode at all, and after it sits for a night, the code goes away. Doesn't always come up, so far 3 times this season out of about 30 hours run time...

Any ideas what it is, or how to fix it??

Thanks for any insight!!
    This is the post-catalytic converter oxygen sensor on bank 1. Might just need a new O2 sensor.

Easy way to diagnose is to switch sides of the post-cat sensors and see if it follows that sensor. If you do this and it starts throwing a 3051 code (bank 2) then you know that sensor needs to be replaced.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Thanks for the heads up! Anyone know the cost to replace the O2 sensor?

Is it easy to switch sides of the post cat sensors to test if that's the issue as well? if Replcement of sensor isn't too much I may just get it done when the boat goes to dealer for winter...
    ----------------------------------------
    2014 Moomba Mojo 2.5
    2013 Moomba LSV (Sold)
    2013 Moomba Outback V (Sold)
    2002 Mastercraft X-5

Quote Originally Posted by costanza View Post
    Thanks for the heads up! Anyone know the cost to replace the O2 sensor?

Is it easy to switch sides of the post cat sensors to test if that's the issue as well? if Replcement of sensor isn't too much I may just get it done when the boat goes to dealer for winter...
    Did you ever find a fix? I took my boat out for first time this season, only thing that has changed is my prop and now I got this code.
    Old prop was a 1235- boat has 480hours on it no issues till now
    New prop is a 2079 (I will be normally running extra 1000lbs lead now)

We surfed for hours yesterday no issue, go for cruise around the lake to end the day and got the light after a 10 min 20mph cruise. I guess I should replace 02 sensor? Go back to my old prop?
    Or just a weird First day out problem?
    2023 Moomba Max
    5,550lbs ballast | 1,000lbs lead = 6,650lbs
    2014 Moomba Mojo 2.5- SOLD
    Tow- 2002 F-350 Super Duty 7.3L PSD

Update - Went out after changing plugs and had zero issues both days I went out.
    2023 Moomba Max
    5,550lbs ballast | 1,000lbs lead = 6,650lbs
    2014 Moomba Mojo 2.5- SOLD
    Tow- 2002 F-350 Super Duty 7.3L PSD

Quote Originally Posted by Moombas View Post
    Update - Went out after changing plugs and had zero issues both days I went out.
    Plugs can be funny like that in some of the newer engines, or should I say tuning setups these days. I had a yamaha vx cruiser that all of a sudden started giving me trouble. I pulled the plugs and they looked good to me. Even checked the gap. And I have changed a lot of plugs in my younger days, so I can usually recognize a fouled or worn plug. After several chat pages, I had someone insist that I change the plugs no matter what they looked like. So I did. And he was right. Ran like a champ again.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub