Default IBS Options for 2013 Moomba Mobius LSV

My family is new to wakesurfing, but have started trying to learn over the last couple weeks. We started with a Swell wakeshaper and (per the instructions) both rear bags (stock) and the center hard tank 100% filled, and the wake plate all the way up. Bow was riding very high and wave was decent, but seemed short. Things improved when we added people weight to bow of boat. Wave got longer and riders noticed the improvement.

This is leading me to want an IBS system. Went to Wakemakers site and there are three options for a piggyback IBS system:

Flyhigh 425lb bag: $399
    SL Sumo 500lb bag: $295
    SL Sumo Max 750lb: $334

On that page, it recommends the 500lb bag for my 2013 LSV. I called customer service and was told to go with the 425lb bag (they said it fit better). I look on the forums here and see strong recommendations for the 750lb bag.

Can anyone with a 2013 (or similar) LSV help me with what works best? Don't really want to spend more money for a smaller bag, but also don't want the seats popping up or to have to take out the cupholders.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Greg

I believe I had a 725 pound setup under my 2013 LSV bow seats. When it was fully loaded it would pop out the cup holders though. I just permanently removed them... Makes a HUGE difference on the LSV (and Mojo)!!! Put extra lead / weight on the surf side under the side seats... The kit from Wakemakers is super easy to setup - it will take you 20-30 minutes, including time to drink 2 beers...
    Make sure your prop can handle the weight... I had to upgrade the prop on my LSV as well...
    Last edited by costanza; 07-07-2020 at 10:21 AM. Reason: more info
    ----------------------------------------
    2014 Moomba Mojo 2.5
    2013 Moomba LSV (Sold)
    2013 Moomba Outback V (Sold)
    2002 Mastercraft X-5

Quote Originally Posted by costanza View Post
    I believe I had a 725 pound setup under my 2013 LSV bow seats. When it was fully loaded it would pop out the cup holders though. I just permanently removed them... Makes a HUGE difference on the LSV (and Mojo)!!! Put extra lead / weight on the surf side under the side seats... The kit from Wakemakers is super easy to setup - it will take you 20-30 minutes, including time to drink 2 beers...
    Make sure your prop can handle the weight... I had to upgrade the prop on my LSV as well...

Thank you for the information above. I really appreciate it. What are the signs that your prop cannot handle the weight? Does it show up in an inability to come up to speed quickly? Maintain proper speed while surfing?

Anyone have any experience with the 500lb bag option that wakemakers sells?

I’ve got the 425 or 500 ibs in my 18 mojo. I wish I had the 750. If you buy the 750 and don’t like it. I’ll trade you my 425-500.
    2018 Moomba MOJO
    4100lbs. ENZO's, Center Tank, IBS
    780lbs. Lead Wake
    Raptor 400
    Surf Prop: OJ 945
    2019 Ford F150 FX4
    5.0L V8

Quote Originally Posted by costanza View Post
    I believe I had a 725 pound setup under my 2013 LSV bow seats. When it was fully loaded it would pop out the cup holders though.
    I know this does not relate to your question, but I had to share a clever idea someone posted here to solve the cup holders popping out when bags full. Don't remember who or which thread it was in but it went like this.
    Purchase a 3.5" PVC pipe and cut it the length of the cup holder then glue it under the cupholder cutout. It'll prevent the bag from pushing the cupholder from underneath. A stroke of genius. Thanks to whomever posted it originally.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by Isaguel View Post
    I know this does not relate to your question, but I had to share a clever idea someone posted here to solve the cup holders popping out when bags full. Don't remember who or which thread it was in but it went like this.
    Purchase a 3.5" PVC pipe and cut it the length of the cup holder then glue it under the cupholder cutout. It'll prevent the bag from pushing the cupholder from underneath. A stroke of genius. Thanks to whomever posted it originally.
    I did this too, with success.
    2018 Moomba MOJO
    4100lbs. ENZO's, Center Tank, IBS
    780lbs. Lead Wake
    Raptor 400
    Surf Prop: OJ 945
    2019 Ford F150 FX4
    5.0L V8

Quote Originally Posted by GregInAtlanta View Post
    Thank you for the information above. I really appreciate it. What are the signs that your prop cannot handle the weight? Does it show up in an inability to come up to speed quickly? Maintain proper speed while surfing?

Anyone have any experience with the 500lb bag option that wakemakers sells?
    Your boat will struggle to get up to surf speed... I had to upgrade the prop on my 2013 LSV to a high elevation prop and once I did it had no problems at all. We love a big wave, and had our LSV dialed in so needed the prop upgrade... What I also found helped was having your suck gate not fully submerged when the boat was idling... Mine is only about 1/3 in the water when the boat is stopped, and it's a better surf wave.. Good luck!!
    ----------------------------------------
    2014 Moomba Mojo 2.5
    2013 Moomba LSV (Sold)
    2013 Moomba Outback V (Sold)
    2002 Mastercraft X-5