I have a 2005 Moomba XLV with the indmar assault efi. The beginning of the season boat ran great but v drive was slipping. Turns out the gasket was leaking so I drained and replaced the gasket. It was a pain to get to the bottom of the v drive due to all the wires but itÂ’s done and works great now. (Just giving the backstory in case thereÂ’s a wire or terminal I might have hit.

Fast forward a couple weeks and IÂ’m having a hard time starting the boat. Boat turns over fine, plenty of juice to crank it. It has new plugs, wires, fuel filter, oil pressure sending unit and oil pressure switch.

A few weeks ago after the drive and changing plugs/wires (terminals are all tight and wired correctly) it wouldnÂ’t start, waited 5 min and then fired up and ran like there wasnÂ’t ever a problem. It did that a couple of different days over a couple of weeks. Yesterday same issue but now wont start at all. There is too much water in the bilge (I need to redo the packing nut) not sure if thereÂ’s a wire down there prone to shorting. It did die one time in the middle of the lake and we were towed in again w water in bilge. Drained the boat and a day later it ran fine again. While there is water in the bilge itÂ’s only an inch or two.

Sorry for the long story but wanted to give enough details so hopefully someone can help if the same thing happened to them.

Thanks in advance,
RedAg01