Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by htfit View Post
    You said it is the rear bags that are doing it? Is the vent line coming from the top of the bag? Sounds like water is hitting the sensor before filling up all the way.

One quick test is to just unplug the sensor and fill it up. That way you can at least narrow it down to the sensor or something else.

My guess would be your sensor is lower then the top of the bag when full which would trigger it.

Is it doing it to both rear bags or just one side?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I have a 2019 so the vent is at the bottom for the rear bags. Neither of the midship or rear bags are full yet and the ballast gauge will just randomly jump to 100%. I don't have an additional overflow on the midship bags either but plan to at some point when I'm not being lazy lol. My fill times can be 15-17 minutes, sometimes longer if I have to reset the ballast levels and then toggle the switches again. I have G6 ballast so it seems like 15 minutes is much longer fill times than it should be for adding an additional 880 lbs per twin ballast pumps. I think stock fill was 5-6 minutes for the 1,000 lb stock rear bag. My drain times for the rear are 12 minutes and they get completely drained but filling is taking much longer.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Where did you get the bow sac?
    2018 Moomba Max

Wakemakers has it. Not sure if it’s still not on their site but you can order it from them. Here’s a thread of the install https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....-Install-Video
    Last edited by haknslash; 07-07-2020 at 11:37 PM.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    I have a 2019 so the vent is at the bottom for the rear bags. Neither of the midship or rear bags are full yet and the ballast gauge will just randomly jump to 100%. I don't have an additional overflow on the midship bags either but plan to at some point when I'm not being lazy lol. My fill times can be 15-17 minutes, sometimes longer if I have to reset the ballast levels and then toggle the switches again. I have G6 ballast so it seems like 15 minutes is much longer fill times than it should be for adding an additional 880 lbs per twin ballast pumps. I think stock fill was 5-6 minutes for the 1,000 lb stock rear bag. My drain times for the rear are 12 minutes and they get completely drained but filling is taking much longer.
    Those fill times are pretty long. If you remove the back panel in the lockers you will see the pumps and the sensor there.

I remember my sensor being pretty low originally before I moved it higher.

If you have not removed the rear panel before there are 2 screws at the top that are obvious and 2 small black screws at the very bottom.

The panel sits on a little channel that you have to push up before pulling it out.

I would turn the pumps on and make sure both are running and inspect the impeller while you have everything open.

Then make sure the sensor is higher than the top of the bag when full. I just put it at the very top.

Hopefully that makes sense and helps.

- Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

Yes I it all makes sense and I will look into it all next time on the boat. I’ve removed that panel before last year when my port side ballast relay module shorted out.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Those fill times are pretty long. If you remove the back panel in the lockers you will see the pumps and the sensor there.

I remember my sensor being pretty low originally before I moved it higher.

If you have not removed the rear panel before there are 2 screws at the top that are obvious and 2 small black screws at the very bottom.

The panel sits on a little channel that you have to push up before pulling it out.

I would turn the pumps on and make sure both are running and inspect the impeller while you have everything open.

Then make sure the sensor is higher than the top of the bag when full. I just put it at the very top.

Hopefully that makes sense and helps.

Can someone post a picture of this sensor and what is meant by moving it up? How do you "move it up"? Are you cutting some of the tubing and moving it closer to the thru hull fitting and in turn above the larger bag or are you just physically relocating it? I am getting ready to add new rear bags to my Makai and have heard that you have to move the sensors up and since I have never opened the panel up before I am not sure what that means.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    Can someone post a picture of this sensor and what is meant by moving it up? How do you "move it up"? Are you cutting some of the tubing and moving it closer to the thru hull fitting and in turn above the larger bag or are you just physically relocating it? I am getting ready to add new rear bags to my Makai and have heard that you have to move the sensors up and since I have never opened the panel up before I am not sure what that means.
    I will see of if I can get a picture of it, but it is a black piece that goes around the hose. Almost like a 3" clamp that is held together by a zip tie. Sort of hard to describe it.

No cutting required. It literally just straps to the hose and you can slide it up higher.

When saying moving it higher, literally moving it to a location on the hose that is higher than the top of your bag when full.

I think it will make sense when you open up that back compartment up and see it but will see if I can get some pics.

- Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

Here is a picture of the sensor.

- Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

Default Moomba max bow ballast piggy back

Here is a picture of the sensor.

O wow that is super simple! Thanks so much for sharing!! I assume it is the same sensor on the Makai. Is that the thru hull fitting it is close to? Did you have to modify the wires at all or is there enough slack to move it up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TXSurf4; 07-08-2020 at 09:18 PM.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

On the Max, the easiest one to see for reference, is the front one. Its on the hose right beside the free air sub.
    2019' Moomba Max