Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Moomba max bow ballast piggy back

Hey guys, I know a few of you have installed wakemakers bow ballast upgrade in your Maxes. I just piggybacked mine to the center tank and have not had a good result. Time setting is maxed out on the fill, but the system keeps jumping to 100% prematurely and attempting to vent. Can't make aense of it. Any ideas? Vnet from ce ter tank is to the fill on bow ballast. Top plug is the vent connect where the previous center bag vented.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Not sure how yours was originally setup but mine had 2 vents coming from center bag. Make sure both vents go to bow bag. I would guess you only have 1 vent line going to the new bag and the other vent line is triggering the sensor.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    - Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

The jump to 100% happens to mine as well when filling the rear Wakemakers bags. I have to go into setting and manually reset the ballast level to say empty again. It’s a bit of an annoyance for sure. I’m hoping this gets resolved with adding a vent to the midship bag. Hopefully you get it resolved.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by htfit View Post
    Not sure how yours was originally setup but mine had 2 vents coming from center bag. Make sure both vents go to bow bag. I would guess you only have 1 vent line going to the new bag and the other vent line is triggering the sensor.

Interesting. I assumed the vent line that comes through the starboard removable floor panel was the vent line for the rear bags. So you are saying the two vent lines that vent in front of the driver are both fpr the center bag? Just want to make sure...thank you

Yes, that is correct. If you follow the line it goes to the back of the center bag.

If you open up your center hatch where the center plug is you will notice 3 lines going to the bag. 1 for each pump and 1 for the 2nd vent line.

Just run that 2nd vent hose from the center bag to another fill port on your bow bag and you should be good to go.

So you should have 2 hoses going from center bag to bow bag.

I dont think you need 2 vent hoses so you can probably just leave the one you already have it. Just make sure that sensor is on the correct on if you want to use it.

- Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

Perfect! Will give it a go later today.

That did it. Thanks for the help! Cheers all

Awesome!

- Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

Does your ballast gauge still jump to 100% mid fill or so? I would love to know why mine does that and a way to fix it alleviate it.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Does your ballast gauge still jump to 100% mid fill or so? I would love to know why mine does that and a way to fix it alleviate it.
    You said it is the rear bags that are doing it? Is the vent line coming from the top of the bag? Sounds like water is hitting the sensor before filling up all the way.

One quick test is to just unplug the sensor and fill it up. That way you can at least narrow it down to the sensor or something else.

My guess would be your sensor is lower then the top of the bag when full which would trigger it.

Is it doing it to both rear bags or just one side?

- Jason
    2019 Moomba Max