Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    O wow that is super simple! Thanks so much for sharing!! I assume it is the same sensor on the Makai. Is that the thru hull fitting it is close to? Did you have to modify the wires at all or is there enough slack to move it up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dnixd99 is spot on, it is the front one I took a picture of and yes that is the thru hull.

I did end up extending the wires on the sensors in the rear but that is only because I ran the vent hose from the top of the bag and not the back of the bag like it is stock.

And it didnt make sense to run the hose all the way back to the rear of the boat and back to the thru hull.

The one benefit of running the vent from the top of the bag is it less likely to get air trapped in there. Moomba has the vent caps which probably work fine but since I was already running a vent on the mid ship bag, I just tied the rear bag into it.

If you do run the vent from the top just make sure to strap and position your hose where it doesnt get squeezed between the bag and side of the boat when filling.

The bags are so tall it is easy for the hose to get pinched as it is filling up and pop off the connector. It kept on happening to me until I rerouted it.

I would imagine this is one of the reasons Moomba ran it from the back of the bag and lower.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    - Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

I see. I got on the Facebook page and found an older post from a Makai where they showed the rear sensor. Do the ones in the rear of the Max look the same?

2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Looks very similar the only thing difference looks like the rigid pipe. It appears the sensor is the same, you would just move it right above that connector piece from the rigid pipe to the clear hose.

But I could be wrong on that, it is hard to tell from that picture.

- Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

Ya the pictures aren’t that great. It might all be one piece as this guy added tubing to the end of the pipe where it connects to the bag to raise the sensor up. This is the original height

Here you can see he added the tubing and raised the sensor.

I’ll have to open mine up and see if I can get some better pictures.

2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Does anyone know the correct Tube & Fitting size used on our boats? (I have G6 Ballast not sure if it matters) Is it 3/4", 1" or 1-1/8"?
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Mine on the 2019 max was 1". Any new hose I put in I used 1-1/8" and just did a reducer to the stock hose.

But to keep things easy, you just may use 1" everywhere.

- Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

Its the smallest 1" youve ever encountered. The male connections must be 1-1/16" lol. Use a heat gun, or blow dryer before you contemplate setting the boat on fire.
    2019' Moomba Max

Okay thanks for the info!!

2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Quote Originally Posted by DNIXD99 View Post
    Its the smallest 1" youve ever encountered. The male connections must be 1-1/16" lol. Use a heat gun, or blow dryer before you contemplate setting the boat on fire.
    100% use a crap ton of heat for the 1-1/16”. And yes they are 1” and would’ve used 1” but wakemakers was out for over a month it seems.

2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere