Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    I have towed 500 miles trips between 70-80 mph cover on with ZERO scratching.

A couple years ago Ragboy towed his Supra SL 4300 miles with no scratching, I will search for his video.

https://youtu.be/gTWZwZwKny8

I swear to you, the Supra covers are outstanding and a must to tow cover on over the tower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    OK, I am sold. I watched the video. I have the same cover. That's good to know. I've been hesitant to tow with cover after I towed back our brand new Bennington pontoon with a cover. There is a small windshield in front of the helm. Towed for about 70 miles, Hwy spped, when I got home the cover had removed the shine off the windshield, left it dull. I was pretty pissed on a brand new pontoon.
    But seeing this video, my faith is renewed. I'm sure the cover is different, not as abrasive of a material. Good to know, thx.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

If I have to tow with cover, bad weather, I wrap the boat with shrink wrap a few times where the cover touches. Just takes a few minutes, trick my dealer told me, works great.

We have a 2017 Craz and after a cushion blew out we've towed with the cover on. 2 years now and I don't notice any scratches in our black hull.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Default Towing with the factory cover

Quote Originally Posted by Surf Wagon View Post
    We have a 2017 Craz and after a cushion blew out we've towed with the cover on. 2 years now and I don't notice any scratches in our black hull.

Do you have a factory cover? Do you use any plastic wrap on the boat?

2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

We have the factory cover and no wrap. Mostly we're only towing around 10 miles but have traveled over 3 hours a few times.

We have a 19 mondo with the factory cover. i travel local with out the cover, going from garage to the lake. for longer trips, like to lake powell, i cover. We have made 3.5 trips so far, for about 2200 miles, I have not seen any aparant damage, rubbing, etc. In the past, i have had snap covers. i did not want snaps this time so we have stayed with the cover. Though some of the options above look very interesting.
    19 Mondo
    08 LSV, forever loved

good to hear yeararond. Yea, i don't love the snaps all along the boat but i love towing with a snap cover. Absolutely now flapping or rubbing at all. I will have to talk to the dealer and see what he says about towing with the new covers. It would be about $400 cheaper to get the the OEM cover compared to the snap so it would be nice to save a little money that way.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by yearround View Post
    We have a 19 mondo with the factory cover. i travel local with out the cover, going from garage to the lake. for longer trips, like to lake powell, i cover. We have made 3.5 trips so far, for about 2200 miles, I have not seen any aparant damage, rubbing, etc. In the past, i have had snap covers. i did not want snaps this time so we have stayed with the cover. Though some of the options above look very interesting.
    What color is your boat?

2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Default Towing with the factory cover

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    good to hear yeararond. Yea, i don't love the snaps all along the boat but i love towing with a snap cover. Absolutely now flapping or rubbing at all. I will have to talk to the dealer and see what he says about towing with the new covers. It would be about $400 cheaper to get the the OEM cover compared to the snap so it would be nice to save a little money that way.
    If I was to do it again I would order my boat without the OEM cover and just buy one from Outer Armor or Evolution out the gate. Now I have a factory Makai cover that I am going to try to sell. Lol

Not sure when your spray date is for your boat but you might have time to get a cover from Evolution and if not Outer Armor is fast. Corey at Evolution is usually a few months backed up but worth checking with and if he is backed up and you need it sooner Outer Armor is about 2 weeks delivered if I remember correctly.

2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

i went to Outer Armors website and it looked like you have to go through a local dealer to get one. Am i mistaken on that?
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190