Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    i went to Outer Armors website and it looked like you have to go through a local dealer to get one. Am i mistaken on that?
    Originally I contacted Outer Armor directly and they got me in contact with Poppy Company as they are their distributor. You can email or call them and they are very responsive. They will send you pictures of the cover so you can see it on a the boat. Their website doesn’t show Moombas as an option but they do make them. Here is the website.

https://poppycompany.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

awesome, thanks.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Default Towing with the factory cover

So after doing some towing this weekend with the cover and paying a little better attention it definitely doesn’t flap around at all. As stated before it pulls a vacuum with the 2 ports on the top and it is definitely noticeable as the cover pulls down in front and behind the windshield the faster you go. It fits very snug and trailers awesome!!

This photo is it when being towed at about 50 mph
    Last edited by TXSurf4; 07-06-2020 at 08:27 PM.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Default Towing with the factory cover

Just towed mine three hours, 70-75mph and no flapping. Same thing with stock moomba cover, sucks in really well.

2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere

texsur4, so is yours the "mooring cover" that is on Outer Armor's web site? It looks like a great cover. Did you just order one that is pre made for the Makai? Looks like it fits like a glove.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

TXSURF4

I tow with same cover every time we go to the lake.......cover is terrific. My only concern every time is: How tight should I keep going on the ratchet Obviously you know what I am talking about....and its not the concern of the strap, but rather the two midship plastic clips. I always think I might break them if I go too tight, but I also know and was told when I bought it, to go tight and not loose so all the slack is out of the cover. Whats your thought?

On another note, I was concerned when driving 5 hrs away, I could see windshield outline in the cover from my rear view mirror. I was nervous the cover might wear on the fold open windshield area.......so now I put a piece of tubing insulator...the foam cell type, over that area during towing. It makes me personally feel better, but curious if anyone else got nervous over it?

This is the best cover I have had before, so the last thing I want to do is destroy it!
    2022 MAX
    Steamboat,CO

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    texsur4, so is yours the "mooring cover" that is on Outer Armor's web site? It looks like a great cover. Did you just order one that is pre made for the Makai? Looks like it fits like a glove.
    Yes it is their "mooring cover". The factory one is a "mooring cover" as well. I reached out to them and other cover manufactures right when I ordered my boat and they didn't have the pattern for it yet so I had to get the factory cover. A year later I was tired of towing without a cover so I reached back out and they were the only ones who had the pattern and they had already sold/made a bunch. They sent me some photos of it on a few different Makais and I was sold! They have the pattern for the Craz as well so yes it is "pre made" but they are made to order and it fits like a glove.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Quote Originally Posted by rockymtnsurfer View Post
    TXSURF4

I tow with same cover every time we go to the lake.......cover is terrific. My only concern every time is: How tight should I keep going on the ratchet Obviously you know what I am talking about....and its not the concern of the strap, but rather the two midship plastic clips. I always think I might break them if I go too tight, but I also know and was told when I bought it, to go tight and not loose so all the slack is out of the cover. Whats your thought?

On another note, I was concerned when driving 5 hrs away, I could see windshield outline in the cover from my rear view mirror. I was nervous the cover might wear on the fold open windshield area.......so now I put a piece of tubing insulator...the foam cell type, over that area during towing. It makes me personally feel better, but curious if anyone else got nervous over it?

This is the best cover I have had before, so the last thing I want to do is destroy it!
    You have an Outer Armor for your Max?! That is awesome!!! I make sure my cover is good an snug when I tow with it. That being said I don't ratchet it until it wont ratchet any more but I make sure it is darn tight! I haven't really had any concerns about the cover wearing as it has extra material and stitching around the windshield area as well as other "high stress" areas and it doesn't move or flap at all but that is a great idea around that part of the windshield for some extra piece of mind.
    Last edited by TXSurf4; 07-07-2020 at 10:29 AM.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

thanks again for the info, really appreciate it.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    Yes it is their "mooring cover". The factory one is a "mooring cover" as well. I reached out to them and other cover manufactures right when I ordered my boat and they didn't have the pattern for it yet so I had to get the factory cover. A year later I was tired of towing without a cover so I reached back out and they were the only ones who had the pattern and they had already sold/made a bunch. They sent me some photos of it on a few different Makais and I was sold! They have the pattern for the Craz as well so yes it is "pre made" but they are made to order and it fits like a glove.
    I really like how yours has the access for the cleats and the fuel door. It suchs having to take the cover half off at gas station on the way to the lake.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD