Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Electric Nautique

What you guys think?

I figured this would eventually happen but didn't think the batteries were there yet....

Sent from my Note 9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Default Electric Nautique

Great concept, tons of torque.

Just need to know how long it runs on a single charge.

Edit: 2-3 hours isn’t too bad.

Great idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by larry_arizona; 06-30-2020 at 05:18 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

interesting. I see the market for that boat being more those with a dedicated lake house. no way that would fly out west on the reservoirs.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

What is the overall battery life? 10 years, 20 years? What is the cost to replace? Plus, with electricity production and battery production/disposal is electric much more environmentally friendly? Serious question not rhetorical.

Hmmm, 2-3 hours? I spend all day in the lake with the family and we don't own a cabin, so we need gas. I see a market for this for cabin owners where you can have a charger at your dock, pull out for an hour to charge, but even then, you would occasionally want to go explore other lakes.
    Benefit is ballast!. Those batteries are heavy, and unlike gas where you loose weight as you deplete your energy source, the electric batts. always weigh the same. Instant torque, pull the riders shoulders out of socket.
    I'd have to hear some more specs'. charge time, real world duration numbers for a charge. It would make sense to have a hybrid system with a small motor to charge the batteries after 3 hours use.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

I had the opportunity to pull a skier through the course in the first prototype Ski Nautique 200 Electric like 5 years ago. It was a totally awesome experience, that really lends itself BETTER to surf speeds/weights IMO. For the right person, I think this will be awesome! Most of my work revolves around the electrification of automobiles, so my option is highly influenced....
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

Can’t get any better than electric for low speed torque.

Impressive if they could do fully ballasted surfing for 2-3 hours, that is some high demand.

Just like the high towing claims of the future electric pickups, impressive, but what is the range pulling an 8000# boat/trailer at 75mph.

Electric performance is better than ICE in 0-60 and 1/4 mile on high performance production cars, it’s cool to see it progress to wakeboats.

Huge gear head here, but I respect the EV, despite Musk being a loon.

Not a tree hugger either, seriously question how green EV is big picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Plus, SOLAR BIMINI!

where do i pick up my residual check?!
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

the post above mentioning a hybrid model, quite surprised that has not had more traction and could see that being a very viable option. benefits of torque of electricity and fuel savings from running a small 4cyl to keep the batteries topped off.
    the only downside I could think of and there are ways around it would be that much current sitting on the water.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

NOPE, NEVER, NADA... Yah, lets go out for 2 hours then run back and charge the boat. No thanks.

And to those who think electric is cleaner, it may be while running, but don't forget about how electricity is made, and lets not forget where we will put all the spent toxic battery materials when its worn out and no longer used. And the cost to insure this thing is probably insane just like it is for electric vehicles. So what are you really saving? Again, NO THANKS. This is the old phrase "a solution looking for a problem"
    2019 Mondo