Default Assault 325 issues

Not a moomba but figured I’d post over here to find out if anyone has had these issues. So we have a 2008 Sunsport 22v that performs great 80% of the time. We go out 2 evenings during the week and 1 day on the weekend. On the week nights we go from 5pm until about 930-10 and on the weekends we’re in the water by 11 or so. On the weekend days we can go for several hours and we then get a “Service Required” message on the helm data center. Volts are 13.0-13.5 while running and temp and oil pressures are good. If we cycle it a few times it will go away but the moment we go to pull a boarder it pops up again and kills the throttle. The boat currently has 700 hours on it. Also, it currently has a 13.7x17.5 prop on it so I know it’s struggling when we’re weighed down. We have an acme 1617 being delivered tomorrow, Monday. Does anyone have any insight on issues similar to these?

We have not found anyone local to us, NEOK, that can or will scan the codes within the next several months and we don’t want to just throw parts at it without knowing what we’re dealing with.

Quote Originally Posted by Creekrat View Post
    Not a moomba but figured I’d post over here to find out if anyone has had these issues. So we have a 2008 Sunsport 22v that performs great 80% of the time. We go out 2 evenings during the week and 1 day on the weekend. On the week nights we go from 5pm until about 930-10 and on the weekends we’re in the water by 11 or so. On the weekend days we can go for several hours and we then get a “Service Required” message on the helm data center. Volts are 13.0-13.5 while running and temp and oil pressures are good. If we cycle it a few times it will go away but the moment we go to pull a boarder it pops up again and kills the throttle. The boat currently has 700 hours on it. Also, it currently has a 13.7x17.5 prop on it so I know it’s struggling when we’re weighed down. We have an acme 1617 being delivered tomorrow, Monday. Does anyone have any insight on issues similar to these?

We have not found anyone local to us, NEOK, that can or will scan the codes within the next several months and we don’t want to just throw parts at it without knowing what we’re dealing with.
    Welcome. Plenty of Supra members on here, more than the Supra Forum.

325 motor was used in both boats. As for the message, “Service Required”, I would get a scanner hooked up to read any message codes. Might have to take it to the dealer.

I had a 2007 Supra 22V. Upgrade the stock prop to the ACME 1411 - pretty sure that was 14" x 14.25" . It was a big difference and I was running 3-3.5# of ballast.
    If you are getting the 1617, 14" x 13.75", you should see a major difference. I did not need to go that far.

Make sure your boat is tuned up. By the way, if you are looking for some 325 tune up parts, let me know. See the link for the 325 motor.
    Make sure your fuel filter has been changed.
    Perfect Pass working OK?
    Battery Volts.
    ** This are some of the basics to get out of the when trying to diag the issue.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....6-Knoxville-TN
    2018 Supra SL400