Default 2006 Mobius XLV Gravity Games Edition - Transmission won't engage

Recent purchase and second time out we broke down. Fluids are good, motor runs strong, but when you engage the throttle it revs with no acceleration (both forward and reverse). Checked the throttle cables and all looks good. No smoke, grinding, or obvious issues. Boat only has 350 hours so really hoping i don't have a blown transmission right off the bat! Any help or guidance would be really appreciated!

If your engine revs then throttle cable works. If engine sounds good and revs, then your likely needing to replace the tranny coupler. That does fail on V-drives not uncommonly.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

Thanks, Isaguel! The prop and shaft don’t spin at all when you engage the throttle. Do you think it could still be the tranny coupler?

It would seem to be at least one possibility. Your crankshaft is obviously turning, it transmits the rotation to the transmission by attaching using the coupler. If the coupler fails or the v-drive transmission fails, the rotation of the crankshaft wont transmit to the prop shaft.
    Its pretty simple setup. Here is an interesting simple quick video on it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbzWL4jZIHA

I don't know how handy you are with mechanical stuff, but unless you have the right tools, its a job for an experienced mechanic who kows how to work on v-drives. My understanding If you replace the coupler it has very small tolerances as far as alignment. Small deviations can cause severe failure over time. I'm not a mechanic, I just play one on TV, j/k.
    Last edited by Isaguel; 06-30-2020 at 12:31 AM.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost