Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

update.....

we built a few boats and after a lot of discussion over a few drinks, we ruled out the mb based on resale down the road and the overall lack of newer features.
    built a kaiyen and sent it off to the dealer start of last week for pricing.
    fast forward 5 days to last friday early am and perusing onlyinboards as I do a few times each day(during this market it's a must) and am sad to say we stumbled on what we think was a steal on a 2020 new boat and pulled the trigger. wired the cash this morning and now waiting for delivery info over the next day or 2-eta is 27th at the latest.

not wanting to be back in a 23ft again but thinking costs and resale, we inked on a 2020 tige r23(a little reluctantly I must add). only things it didn't have were 18's on the trailer, tower speaker/2nd amp setup, shower, surfpipe and steering wheel with controls but has everything else and came in at 81.5k all in before tax. nothing else we looked at was even close to that price for the features and having gsa it should be a surf machine. ANY new 21+ft boat at 80k right now is a steal and we couldn't pass this up.

We really liked the kaiyen and for the monies, it's what we decided was the best of what we saw out there with the features and options we were looking for. skiers choice and Rick T's team should be very proud of what they have built.... hands down better than mb/supreme/atx.
    was a fun process to go look at new boat candy again and frankly if we would have been an hour later on calling we would be inking on a new kaiyen.

crazy times out there to be buying and selling for sure.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Congrats, any pics of the Tige?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I put my Helix up for 12 hours and had 4 offers, all over asking price. Should have sold it, but my wife didn’t want me spending the time trying to find the next deal

Too bad on the atx, looked like a nice boat and they just introduced a 20-footer.

Just need this market to stay semi hot 3 more weeks lol

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

no pics until it comes in. by the 27th.

atx was nice but not for us. it didn't feel in the same league as the others. 2021 has upgrded sunpads with walkovers, different dash bezels and a few other things that from what I heard REALLY makes it a different boat but this boat was 10k less than an atx we had worked up.

larry- 2021's start hitting the lots and wonder if the market will cool at tad. it's after the 4th so for some states boating should be on the downhill but if kids aren't going back to school, no HS sports and pro sports is a $hitshow this year lakes could be packed thru october and boat sales might still be hot..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Rolling the dice, but can’t quit boat season this soon. Trip planned.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Just need this market to stay semi hot 3 more weeks lol

Are you upgrading to a 2021?

[QUOTE=larry_arizona;354928]Rolling the dice, but can’t quit boat season this soon. Trip planned.

I can tell you that being boatless sucks, even if just for a few weeks. I think we are now 3 weeks in, and probably another 4-5 weeks to go before our new ride hopefully shows up. We still have a fishing boat up on Lake Erie if I need a fix though. Only good thing about it is I finally have time to finish a garage build that has been mostly sitting since March.

Hope the new owners are enjoying the SR, it was a great boat. Are you sticking with Supra once you sell the SA?

[QUOTE=smitty75;354932]
    Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Rolling the dice, but can’t quit boat season this soon. Trip planned.

I can tell you that being boatless sucks, even if just for a few weeks. I think we are now 3 weeks in, and probably another 4-5 weeks to go before our new ride hopefully shows up. We still have a fishing boat up on Lake Erie if I need a fix though. Only good thing about it is I finally have time to finish a garage build that has been mostly sitting since March.

Hope the new owners are enjoying the SR, it was a great boat. Are you sticking with Supra once you sell the SA?
    If all goes well, building a 2021 SA. If it doesn’t work out, I am thrilled to stay with my 2018 SA.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    update.....

we built a few boats and after a lot of discussion over a few drinks, we ruled out the mb based on resale down the road and the overall lack of newer features.
    built a kaiyen and sent it off to the dealer start of last week for pricing.
    fast forward 5 days to last friday early am and perusing onlyinboards as I do a few times each day(during this market it's a must) and am sad to say we stumbled on what we think was a steal on a 2020 new boat and pulled the trigger. wired the cash this morning and now waiting for delivery info over the next day or 2-eta is 27th at the latest.

not wanting to be back in a 23ft again but thinking costs and resale, we inked on a 2020 tige r23(a little reluctantly I must add). only things it didn't have were 18's on the trailer, tower speaker/2nd amp setup, shower, surfpipe and steering wheel with controls but has everything else and came in at 81.5k all in before tax. nothing else we looked at was even close to that price for the features and having gsa it should be a surf machine. ANY new 21+ft boat at 80k right now is a steal and we couldn't pass this up.

We really liked the kaiyen and for the monies, it's what we decided was the best of what we saw out there with the features and options we were looking for. skiers choice and Rick T's team should be very proud of what they have built.... hands down better than mb/supreme/atx.
    was a fun process to go look at new boat candy again and frankly if we would have been an hour later on calling we would be inking on a new kaiyen.

crazy times out there to be buying and selling for sure.

Hey congrats on the new ride! Looking forward to seeing pics when you get it. I know the next 2 weeks are going to be a LONG wait!