Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Very few Supras for sale right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

it's going to be real interesting to see what happens over the next year. I see a glut of boats on the market next year. one of the guys we spoke with in phx is bracing for a flood of private sale boats next year and thinking dealer sales are going to be slow.

I can see that if covid is on the downhill. if covid is still rampant into next year it'll be another banner year for boat sales with nothing else for anyone to do.

there's 1960 listings but a piece of those are not still active, just not deleted.
    'bu/axis 664
    mc 495
    nautty 300
    tige/atx 178
    skiers ch 106
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Sandm,

I’m curious as to what you find. Reno is also devoid of Supra/Moomba dealers, closest being in Hayward or Boise. I would like to know your comparison between the SA and Makai.

I’ve been looking at these two, and prefer the SA due to finishes, but budget and reality make me think the Makai is going to win out with the Mrs., except I showed her the Bimini set-up videos, and she said the SA wins.

We are looking to upgrade from a 2017 Sanger 215sx. It was our first boat, and we didn’t really know what we wanted, we just new what our budget could support. And after injuring both shoulders at work, and my wife injuring her neck, surfing is really the only activity we can enjoy. The SX just can’t get enough push with my fat ass on a board, and last weekend we had 8 peeps in the boat (1st time we’ve been over 6 on crew), and it was cramped.

So, as I said, I’m real curious as to your assessment when you get to view the Supra.

2in,
    I won't be much help to ya. we are not interested in spending supra monies on a new whip so not looking at them. the extra monies shelled out don't buy options that we find value to especially when we only put 40 or 60 hrs a year on a boat. that's a lot of additional monies for not a lot of time. our top end is 100k and although that would get us a used boat, not looking to go that route this time.
    reach out to tyrell at prestige. I assume that's where your sanger came from? he's a good guy and if a repeat buyer will help ya out.
    I know a guy in lake havasu that has a makai coming from 2 tiges and loves it. we really liked the kaiyen and it's the little bro to the makai.
    I can say if you list the sanger now, you will get top dollar. there's a pretty nice makai down in phx for sale right now but it won't last.

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Quote from Onlyinboards:

“Good lord, boat sales this year are insane. In March there were over 5200 boats for sale on OnlyInboards and now there are less than 2000. Keep in mind that about 20 boats are added each day. I am seeing boats that are priced from 30-70k sell in just a few hours. I've never seen anything like it”

So why is this? What is causing the "shortage" of available boats for sale? Maybe due to people who would normally be selling to upgrade are deciding because of the current economic down turn they will hold on to what they have?
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    2in,
    I won't be much help to ya. we are not interested in spending supra monies on a new whip so not looking at them. the extra monies shelled out don't buy options that we find value to especially when we only put 40 or 60 hrs a year on a boat. that's a lot of additional monies for not a lot of time. our top end is 100k and although that would get us a used boat, not looking to go that route this time.
    reach out to tyrell at prestige. I assume that's where your sanger came from? he's a good guy and if a repeat buyer will help ya out.
    I know a guy in lake havasu that has a makai coming from 2 tiges and loves it. we really liked the kaiyen and it's the little bro to the makai.
    I can say if you list the sanger now, you will get top dollar. there's a pretty nice makai down in phx for sale right now but it won't last.
    Have you priced out an new Supra SR? I had a 2017 (just sold it to someone in Texas who will hopefully be joining the forum), and the boat was awesome with zero issues. I don't know where the 2020/2021 will price out at, but if you left out a few options I would think you could get close to your number. Just something to consider if you are good with a 21' boat as I would put it up front with any other boat in that size category in terms of fit/finish and overall performance. I think the SR also holds value well, as a lot of people have lake restrictions and it's about the best boat you can get in that size.

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Quote from Onlyinboards:

“Good lord, boat sales this year are insane. In March there were over 5200 boats for sale on OnlyInboards and now there are less than 2000. Keep in mind that about 20 boats are added each day. I am seeing boats that are priced from 30-70k sell in just a few hours. I've never seen anything like it”

I have considered selling now, sitting the rest of this season out, and upgrading at boat show time because of this. It seems like boat season is fighting me (trying to keep business afloat during lean times in manufacturing) this year, but I haven't been boatless for more than 2 weeks for... 14 years now! I'd have to buy something in the interim.
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

996scott, the dealers all told us that they are seeing more first time owners with the rest of the world shut down. those that would normally be doing other activities in the summer are putting the cash into boats. couple said they think people will get sick of the 2hour long lines at some ramps on fri/sat and the devotion/cost to the activity and will see a lot of boats coming up for sale over the winter and early next spring.
    I do not think next spring is going to be a normal spring either. 2022 will be the best time to shop after some dealers load up on wakeboats expecting 2021 to be even better and it doesn't materialize.
    or 2021 is another banner year and prices continue to escalate.
    either way there's a market correction that will happen.

and smitty, we called on a couple sr's still on dealer lots thinking there might be some deals to be had. they are still in the 120-130 range.

It's July 1st, 2021s are around the corner. That will dent the prices as some dealers will have 2020s sitting next to 2021s.
    2018 Supra SL400

Boats, Bicycles, and Workout Equipment will flood the used market once things are back to normal.
    2019' Moomba Max