Default 2008 Mobius LSV Swivel Seat Modification

So I've read all the posts I could find on the Swivel modification. I thought I would add my own experience for other LSV owners on the forum. There has been a lot of discussion about mounting the swivel off-center. When I got into this project, I found that the seat in the 2008 Mobius LSV is already mounted off center and no change to the mounting holes is required.

Here are my steps (sorry, no beer involved)

Preparation activities:
    1. Purchase a 7" square, 3 degree tilt swivel (no lock) from any reputable marine dealer. (got mine from Amazon for $12)
    2. Purchase two 3/16" aluminum plates 7 1/2"wide X 13"long from a sheet metal supplier ($30)
    3. Purchase eight stainless 1/4" carriage bolts 1" long with eight nylon lock nuts.
    4. Purchase four stainless 5/16" carriage bolts 1 1/4" long with four nylon lock nuts.
    5. Purchase four rubber grommets or bumpers for car shocks. Takes out any vibration and makes space for mounting bolts for the swivel

1. Remove the four Phillips head screws from the black cover in front of the seat.
    2. Reach through the square hole and remove the four 13mm nuts holding down the seat.
    3. Remove the seat with the sliding track still attached to the seat.
    4. Remove the seat cushion (velcro attached) from the seat to gain access to the four 13mm nuts holding the sliding track to the seat.
    5. Remove the four 13mm nuts holding the sliding track to the seat and remove the track from the seat. (save the nylon spacers! You will use these later.)
    6. Clamp one aluminum plate on the bottom of the seat where the seat track bolts to the seat. Mark the bolt holes on the aluminum plate with a permanent marker where the seat track bolts to the seat. Remove the plate from the seat. You will drill four 3/8" holes; one on each mark.
    7. Center the swivel on the aluminum plate you just marked and mark the position of the swivel on the plate with four marks. One each for a 1/4" hole.
    8. Drill four holes slightly larger than 5/16" where the plate will mount to the seat; one hole at each mark. The hole needs to be big enough to get the carriage bolt to "stick" in the round hole.
    9. Drill four 1/4" holes where the swivel will mount to the aluminum plate.
    10. Lay the drilled plate on top of the un-drilled plate and mark the same holes on the un-drilled plate.
    11. Drill the same holes in the second plate to match the first plate.
    12. With the 1/4" carriage bolts, mount the swivel to the first aluminum plate with the thick part of the swivel to the rear of the seat. Only one side of the swivel is thick (or tilted). This should be the plate that will bolt to the seat.
    13. With the remaining 1/4" carriage bolts, mount the swivel to the second aluminum plate. Cut off or grind off the excess bolt material that extends past the lock nut. Nuts should all be on the plate side; not on the swivel side.
    14. Mount the plate to the seat using the original seat mounting bolts and rubber grommets/bumpers. Grommets/bumpers go in between the plate and the seat bottom.
    14. Mount the sliding track to the plate with the 5/16" carriage bolts that are 1 1/4" with the nylon spacers in between the track and the plate (see photo). Bolts should point toward the swivel. Remember, the sliding track release goes on the left side of the seat and points forward.
    15. Cut off the excess bolt material that extends past the lock nut with a hack saw or saws-all.
    16. Mount the seat back into the boat in its original position.
    DONE !! After getting all the parts and without any mounting mistakes, its about a 2-3 hour process.

This swivel and hardware will increase the height of the seat about 3".

Hope this helps others out there who want to get rid of the crick in their neck from turning around to watch their riders!

IMG_3910.jpg
    IMG_3911.jpg
    IMG_3912.jpg
    IMG_3913.jpg
    IMG_3914.jpg

"Hope this helps others out there who want to get rid of the crick in their neck from turning around to watch their riders!"

That's what the mirror is for . Nice job on the seat, a lot of good info there.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190