Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Can you believe 2 smoked props in 3 outings...

I posted a couple weeks ago about hitting a log. Boat, shaft, rudder, etc all fine. Delta propeller is relatively local to me so I dropped that prop off for repair and bought a new one. I picked up the repaired prop yesterday. Tonight we hit the water after work and the last tow of the night I smacked another freaking log under water.

We’re taking the boat to lake Cumberland for a week in 10 days. I guess I’m headed back to delta propeller first thing Monday morning. I’ve been boating virtually my whole life with mom and dad and ~ the last 20 years in my own boats and have never hit anything and now 2 strikes in 2 weeks!

Am I allowed to say “DAMN IT!” On here???

Dang that’s some bad luck there. Hopefully they can get ya fixed back up quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Makai

The way Cumberland looks this time of year things could get worse before they get better..good luck

2013 Moomba Mobius LSV
    345 HP Surf Motor
    EXILE SXT9's, ZLD
    SUMO 900s, 500 IBS, Flow

2009 F-150 FX4 Supercrew

R U boating in a river? I avoid rivers, too much debris floating, also the current constantly changes the bottom structure and a spot that is deep enough today can be too shallow and hit bottom a week later.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

Cumberland is tough this year . My neighbor punched the strut through the hull of the NXT yesterday afternoon....

I have an OJ 945 on the shelf in Lexington if you need a vacation saver, pm me.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

Thanks for the kind words. Korey - terrific offer! Not many people would do that. Hopefully I don’t need to PM you.

There is a small lake about 25 minutes from my house which is where I’ve been using the new boat. The lake I prefer is 1.5 hour away. We’ve been there a couple times but it gets super crowded on the weekend even though it’s pretty big. The close lake is perfect for a mid-week or Friday night ride.

The Ohio River is about 30 minutes away as well and I take the cruiser down there quite a bit. Surprisingly if it hasn’t rained in a while it’s really not too bad.

Looks like the rain quit so we’re packing up to head back out. Just got my spare prop on

Yikes this is why I avoid the rivers near us. Yea I could be on the water in 30 mins or so but the risk is too much knowing what I know about the local river-fed lakes here. Water is dark so makes it hard to see anything submerged and one of our local lakes is notorious for destroying props and running gear if you're not careful and venture outside the main channel. This is why I prefer to drive 1.5 hours to clear lake water that's much deeper and has less floating timber locations to worry about. Suck to hear you had prop strike twice. I really need to stop procrastinating and get a backup prop in our storage area.

Could be worse. I'll never forget that day lol...

Last edited by haknslash; 06-27-2020 at 04:02 PM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Holy cow! Is that your center fin stuck in that log?

Holly smokes

2018 Supra SL400

Yea that is the tracking fin of a G23. I had my Yamaha boat at the time and saw them waiving for help in the back of a popular wakeboarding slough. We tried to tie a rope to the log and pull it off with my boat but it wasn’t budging. They eventually decided to slowly creep back to their dock a few miles away and on the way back the whole fin and log came off ripping the lag bolts out of the bottom of the boat! I don’t know how the prop didn’t get damage when there log passed it lol. His name was Colby Reiner and he used to be a pro wakeboarder apparently. I’ve seen some of his vids and the dude can fly!! He didn’t seem to mind the damage at all lol. I think his brother is a member on here as well with a Craz.
    Last edited by haknslash; 06-27-2020 at 06:15 PM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold