Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Dealer Lost Supra License

Called my servicing dealer yesterday to get on the schedule for winterization and warranty work and to my surprise he said Supra pulled their license and they can no longer do warranty work. Said they are focusing more on their west coast dealers so now I have a 4 hour one way trip to get the boat to a dealer. Has anyone else ran into this this year?
    2016 Supra SA 400

SC did the same in Michigan in 2019, went from 3-4 dealers to 1, the good news was my dealer was the 1 that stayed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I also heard this story on social media last year or year before about a dealer in the Maryland area - guy was very upset when he bought a new SE and the dealer was removed by SC a little while later. Thus, new owner felt stuck.

Anyways, it's a probably a numbers thing. SC wants to sell boats and dealers probably have to order and sell a MIN number.
    If the dealer is not ordering, selling, or paying for new Supra boats, then . . . . ? I assume there are other reasons too.

Overall, that sucks for you. Big factor in the purchase of a new boat is the dealer and the dealer relationship.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    SC did the same in Michigan in 2019, went from 3-4 dealers to 1, the good news was my dealer was the 1 that stayed.k
    Really?? I know of at least two Moomba dealers just around me in SW Michigan....do they differentiate between Supra and Moomba??
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Quote Originally Posted by mikenehrkorn View Post
    Really?? I know of at least two Moomba dealers just around me in SW Michigan....do they differentiate between Supra and Moomba??
    I do believe there is one Supra/Moomba dealer in Michigan and a few moomba only dealers

Edit: 2 Supra/Moomba dealers and 1 moomba only dealer.

Last edited by larry_arizona; 08-12-2020 at 01:52 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    I also heard this story on social media last year or year before about a dealer in the Maryland area - guy was very upset when he bought a new SE and the dealer was removed by SC a little while later. Thus, new owner felt stuck.

Anyways, it's a probably a numbers thing. SC wants to sell boats and dealers probably have to order and sell a MIN number.
    If the dealer is not ordering, selling, or paying for new Supra boats, then . . . . ? I assume there are other reasons too.

Overall, that sucks for you. Big factor in the purchase of a new boat is the dealer and the dealer relationship.
    Interesting, this dealer was in Accident, Maryland. There is another dealer further east in Maryland but I will be taking it to Cincinnati - about the same distance but that's is where the boat was purchased.
    2016 Supra SA 400

My local Moomba Dealer can not sell Supras.

They also sell Mastercraft and Skiers Choice wants them to drop MC if they want to sell Supra.

Bunch of BS if you ask me, if they had any confidence in their boats they wouldn't care who else is in the same showroom.
    I'd buy supra all day after sitting in both supra and mastercraft.
    2020 Supra SA

sonic, same thing here in vegas. used to be nautty and moomba. no supra. they dropped moomba and now sell supreme but not too surprised in this with the nautty-supreme relationship.
    I wonder if there's more to that story as prestige in boise sells tige, all skiers choice and mc.

I am amazed in vegas that a city of this size and lakes so close has a nautty/supreme dealer, axis/bu dealer and mc dealer*(barely). all other brands are missing.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

It might just be that SC can be ultra selective on dealers as they don’t make and sell that many Supras each year.

Supra build slots for 21 are already filling up fast.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I imagine it's a volume game whether the dealer can have multiple high end brands or not.

The dealer I'm talking about is small, but honestly that's who I want to buy a boat from, I will never buy from MarineMax or any of the other mega dealers who just don't care.

I don't quite get it, if I were trying to sell boats (skiiers choice) any dealer that's competent enough to service the boats would be more money in my pocket. Even if they sell one boat that's still one more than you sold otherwise.

Getting Supra's in front of mastercraft and Nautique buyers should be priority one, they shouldn't discourage it.
    I would buy my supra over a mastercraft all day every day.
    2020 Supra SA