Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by DNIXD99 View Post
    Insurance job makes no sense. Those were the small payments.
    Agreed. You get your wife drunk and convince her she can fly the helicopter....
    '18 mojo

I think the most disturbing thing is his neighbor taking a video of it and the women saying "he is going to want this video and I am going to sell it to him". Nice lady. Plus all the on lookers not helping out. Granted they may have been helping behind the scenes but in all the pictures and video they are just watching.

It is hard to imagine what they were thinking and how they ended up in that predictiment, but I know I have done some dumb stuff were I wondered what the heck was I thinking.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by htfit; 06-25-2020 at 08:51 PM.
    - Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

Says it was a hose failure that sunk boat.

What hose failure would sink a boat? Exhaust hose?

I can see the boat being covered for such a failure and possibly even Pavati covering that type of failure.

However, voluntarily driving trucks into a lake, I suspect insurance claim will be denied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Might of been one of the hoses to the ballast. One spring, in first day out on lake, I started taking in water. I knew I had all the plugs in, I started throwing up cushions and checking all the ballast connections, I found the left overflow hose for the front IBS had become disconnected and was pouring water. Not sure why it happened as I never messed with it. I suspect it was not put in tight at the factory and eventually just slid off. If you are not familiar with these boats, you may not think of this and not check while yourboat slowly sinks.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

the main water intake could have come off. a 2" hole in the bottom of a boat would easily outdo a bilge pump.
    I accidentally left the shower on in the rear of my last boat. filled up with almost a foot of water in the bottom of the boat. bilge could not even begin to keep up. it would have been in the same position as the 'vati had I not noticed and ran to the trailer.

lots of people keep pointing to insurance scams, insurance won't pay, etc... I get a sense with this guy that none of it really matters. he will write the check, bitch a little and move on. chalk it up to a rich moron with more monies than brains. there's a lot of them out there.......
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    lots of people keep pointing to insurance scams, insurance won't pay, etc... I get a sense with this guy that none of it really matters. he will write the check, bitch a little and move on. chalk it up to a rich moron with more monies than brains. there's a lot of them out there.......
    Thought the same thing when reading the interwebs . . . . .

Insurance claim - the whole wake boat community and local lake community looked at the pics and video on the web. It's not like it was done on Wednesday night at 3am. And not everyday a 300K boat takes a dive with a heli in the background.
    Last edited by MJHSupra; 06-26-2020 at 10:04 AM.
    2018 Supra SL400

Owner has FU money, so I retract my insurance complication comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan