Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Max ballast question

I know another ballast question that has been talked about, but I am looking for anyone who has moved their stock 1000lb bag to mid ship. Do you have a picture with them full? can you still fill them all the way? I am looking to upgrade and cant decide between just getting the new larger rear bags and moving the stocks to the mid or do I buy the kit with both rear and mid. If anyone has any pros or cons of either.

I bought the mid ship bags but I have the 2018 that doesn't have the ability to plug the mid ship to the rears, if you end up buying the kit and have the rears that I can plumb to my mid ship bags I would be interested in buying them from you.
    I will say the mid ships with the stock rears are a game changer for the boat
    2018 Max - Wetsounds - Wake Makers upgrade

2019' Moomba Max

I bought the kit, but only ended up using the WMs rears, and sold the mids. The stocks fit, fill 100%, and dont push the seats up. You wont have any storage there tho. I can throw some noodles in there to the side, but thats it.
    2019' Moomba Max

Here is a thread with some good info amd options.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    - Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

If I were to do it again and I still on doing it, I would copy Dnixd99's setup. Then you for sure have plenty of weight without using lead.

I have the stock 1000lbs in rear and 720's midship and still have 650lb in lead that I use that makes a noticable difference. That being said over half the time I surf it is just me and one other person. If we had a lot of people on the boat I could probably get away with out the lead.

- Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

thanks for the pictures and information. I think I will just order the rears and move the stock ones.

DNIXD99 with your set up did you need to change your prop?
    we usually have a smaller crew 2 adults and 2-4 kids if they bring a buddy or not.

Quote Originally Posted by DL Max View Post
    thanks for the pictures and information. I think I will just order the rears and move the stock ones.

DNIXD99 with your set up did you need to change your prop?
    we usually have a smaller crew 2 adults and 2-4 kids if they bring a buddy or not.
    I have 3 props, stock, 2419, and 2493. I would at least go with the 2419. The 2493 has even more power, which Is what I run. Top speed is 30mph tho. Also, you're not adding that much to your rear, and mid, without adding bow weight. I have the WMs factory fit 840lb bow bag installed.

This is the video of my install. https://youtu.be/G0JmpT7wkUE
    2019' Moomba Max

Just for comparison, I have about 5,000lbs of ballast/lead and with stock prop I run about 3,600 rpms. Not sure if that is good or bad compared to what everyone else is at.

- Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

Do they have the bow bag on the site yet?? I have called a few times and they keep telling me they don’t have anything for the bow of the max yet.