Default Amp set up on 2002 Moomba Outback LS

Away from the boat until the weekend, but trying to plan ahead. Adding an amp, and want to make sure I have all materials needed. The diagram shows running the +/- connections to battery directly, and on off to switch. Can I run that to the ACC switch?

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Fins to the left.

2002 Outback LS

You can add a switch there and it'll work, just not sure why or if you would get any feedback from it. The remote typically goes to the stereo so the amp all comes on at once with the radio. If your stereo doesn't have a remote on, why not hook it to the 12v+ on the radio so when you switch that everything else comes on?

Quote Originally Posted by Branden967 View Post
    You can add a switch there and it'll work, just not sure why or if you would get any feedback from it. The remote typically goes to the stereo so the amp all comes on at once with the radio. If your stereo doesn't have a remote on, why not hook it to the 12v+ on the radio so when you switch that everything else comes on?
    This is exactly the type of answer I was hoping for. I haven't looked at the back of the head unit in a few years, will that be part of the harness or it's own input/output?
    Fins to the left.

2002 Outback LS

Most all stereo units have that wire now. I believe its a blue wire coming out of the wire harness on the back of the stereo. Power the stereo on (no music playing) and hook a volt meter to the blue wire, should show 0 Volts. When you turn the stereo on to play music that wire should then show 12V+ and they go off when you turn off the stereo etc. Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Branden967 View Post
    Most all stereo units have that wire now. I believe its a blue wire coming out of the wire harness on the back of the stereo. Power the stereo on (no music playing) and hook a volt meter to the blue wire, should show 0 Volts. When you turn the stereo on to play music that wire should then show 12V+ and they go off when you turn off the stereo etc. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the help. Hoping for an easy install this weekend.
    Fins to the left.

2002 Outback LS

Any suggestions on running 6 speakers off the 4 channel amp?.... 2 are in the bow, 4 in main part.
    Fins to the left.

2002 Outback LS

It really depends on your speaker/amp combo. Really the only way to do it with anything that resembled a decent result would be if your amp was 2 ohm stable and your speakers were 4ohm. You could then hook up 2 speakers per channel in parallel(+ to + and - to -). I would highly suggest a 6 channel for that setup though. Something like the wet sounds or jl 600/6