Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Awesome. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz
    2007 LSV - Sold
    2003 Outback - Sold

I know it is best to put it in before you fuel up. but can it be put in with 3/4 of a tank and then run it for 20 minutes?
    2016 Craz
    2007 LSV - Sold
    2003 Outback - Sold

Hey guys. First off. Thank you for all you insight into my issues.

I think I found the issue but will have to lake test to see if is it.

Here is the new inline fuel filter I put in before all the issues. Tonight I took it out and put the original back in. The original has a screen in the middle of it where the new on (picture 2) has a metal block that the fuel must go around. I blew in both and there was a substantial difference in the air passage. So, I would think the fuel would have a tougher time to get around it.

Heading out to the lake this week to see if there is an improvement. I hope so.

I am going to put the sea foam in as well just to give it treatment.

Thanks guys. The best forum around.

Richard.

2016 Craz
    2007 LSV - Sold
    2003 Outback - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Kidder522 View Post
    Hey guys. First off. Thank you for all you insight into my issues.

I think I found the issue but will have to lake test to see if is it.

Here is the new inline fuel filter I put in before all the issues. Tonight I took it out and put the original back in. The original has a screen in the middle of it where the new on (picture 2) has a metal block that the fuel must go around. I blew in both and there was a substantial difference in the air passage. So, I would think the fuel would have a tougher time to get around it.

Heading out to the lake this week to see if there is an improvement. I hope so.

I am going to put the sea foam in as well just to give it treatment.

Thanks guys. The best forum around.

Richard.

It definitely has to be installed in the direction of the arrow. Good luck and hope that's the easy fix.

Yes. It was installed the correct way with the arrow pointing to the engine. Showed it to a boating buddy and he couldn’t believe it had that. He thought I should have been punched out to allow flow.

2016 Craz
    2007 LSV - Sold
    2003 Outback - Sold

NAPA 3299 is the filter I have always used with no issues. Mine was running rough 1st time out this season so new NAPA fuel filter, new plugs and cleaned the flame arrestor. Also checked the distributor cap and rotor for corrosion. I use marine fuel stabilizer when winterizing but added 1 can of Seafoam when doing my tune-up. Running great now. Plugs didn't look that bad but pretty sure that was my issue.
    2005 Mobius LSV
    325 EFI

Well, crap. I was really hoping this was it. What were your spark plug #'s I cannot find the AC 41-932 at Napa and it does not give me the updated plug. Just in case the lake test does not go well.
    2016 Craz
    2007 LSV - Sold
    2003 Outback - Sold

NGK TR5 2238 Gap at .040".
    2005 Mobius LSV
    325 EFI

Quote Originally Posted by Kidder522 View Post
    Well, crap. I was really hoping this was it. What were your spark plug #'s I cannot find the AC 41-932 at Napa and it does not give me the updated plug. Just in case the lake test does not go well.
    AC 41-932 came in mine when new but they have been discontinued for several years so I would say yours are due for replacement.
    2005 Mobius LSV
    325 EFI

Thanks. I just took that model number out of the manual. Also my manual said 0.060 gap. I have had the boat for 5 years so I am not sure if the previous owner changed them or not. I have not put any new plugs in since I have had the boat because it was running perfect. Maybe this is a sign.

2016 Craz
    2007 LSV - Sold
    2003 Outback - Sold