Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 07 LSV lack of acceleration and just doesn't sound right (louder under way)

Hey Everyone,

I have a bit of a concern that I hope someone can help me with before I take it to the dealership.

Here is the long story:

Normal winterization - changed oil, filter, full tank of premium with fuel stabilizer in it. all went as normal as any other year.

Went to get it ready for the year and I did the following:
    Changed the v-drive oil, as it has not been done is some time.
    Changed the transmission oil, same thing.
    Changed the fuel filter (was a PITA) but got it in place.
    Started up no problem on the fake a lake, gauges all in correct spots for temps and pressures.

First outing 2 weeks ago, boat started right up at the launch, but under load, was a bit shaky and growled at about 3000 rpms. Drove it around a bit (2 hours) make sure everything else was working. But still growling and had a lack of acceleration.

Thought about the gas over the winter, maybe that was the issue.

Took it out again on Saturday. Same thing. Continued to run it for the day, not stalling, or gauges out of normal. Used up most of the gas, so I thought "ok. winter gas is gone, fresh gas will do the trick" Filled up with Premium at Costco, brought it home, ran it on the fake a lake. Purred like it normally does.

Went out tonight with the family, same thing happened. Lack of normal acceleration, growled and louder than last year, just didn't sound right. No gauges out of place, all in correct spot.

So, I am thinking........if all gauges are good, starts right up, but in gear it sounds totally different, is this a fuel line, injector issue? I am wondering if the fuel filter is not the correct one? Maybe put the old one back on? Fuel injector cleaner?

Sorry for the really long post. Just want to give all the information.

Any thoughts? You guys know so much about this stuff, and honestly, I just don't.

Thanks for reading and replying.

Richard.
    2016 Craz
    2007 LSV - Sold
    2003 Outback - Sold

Could be the fuel pump not delivering enough pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Did it ever get above 3000 RPM? Most ECM's limit the RPM if there is a code thrown. This will allow you to get back to shore and limit possible damage to the engine. DO you have a check engine light? Some systems will allow you to check for codes using that. You really need to scan the ECM and check for codes. Rinda Technologies makes scanners ($500.00) and simple code readers ($60.00).

Hey Guys.

I was wondering about the fuel pump, but wouldn't it starve gas all the time instead of just under load?

Yes I did get over 3000rpm. First outing, we got it to 38 mph. Boat runs, just takes time getting to speed, sound like it is working really hard and doesn't run the smooth. No, check engine light did not come on.
    2016 Craz
    2007 LSV - Sold
    2003 Outback - Sold

Its possibly a fuel pump/ regulator problem, but you would need to check fuel pressure at the fuel rail to see for sure. It could also be a faulty/clogged injector. Without the right diagnostic tools, you're just going to be throwing parts at it and hoping that fixes it. If you think its starving for fuel and it ran OK last year with the old fuel filter, you could always put that one back in and give it a try. Could you possibly have the filter installed incorrectly?

Hey,

That was going to be my first step is to put back the old fuel filter to see if that makes a difference.

Thank you.
    2016 Craz
    2007 LSV - Sold
    2003 Outback - Sold

Hey Guys

Just wondering do you or have you used a fuel injector cleaner? If so, what brand works best for these engines or is recommended?
    2016 Craz
    2007 LSV - Sold
    2003 Outback - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Kidder522 View Post
    Hey Guys

Just wondering do you or have you used a fuel injector cleaner? If so, what brand works best for these engines or is recommended?
    I always run a can of Seafoam thru mine every couple of tanks.

just one can in one tank? I have a 40 gallon tank, so would one can do it?
    2016 Craz
    2007 LSV - Sold
    2003 Outback - Sold

It can treats 16 gallons. You could round up to 3 cans. I have a 34 gallon tank and I run 2 cans.