Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Help! Failed torsion axle and have vacation planned in two weeks

I've gone through Dexter, filled out the warranty paper work - which they say is going to be the fastest route, but that I still am not likely to have an axle by the 4th of July for our vacation. We always pull the boat to northern Michigan (about a 500 mile trip).

I've tried calling all over looking for an axle, looking for a trailer, begging Dexter.

I'm all out of ideas. Can anyone think of a way to get my boat there? I'm desperate!

2008 Mobius LSV

Is there a lake around to see if anyone will rent/lend a trailer to you if their boat sits on a lift all summer? I would think this would be a tough find until yours gets fixed.
    2016 Craz
    2007 LSV - Sold
    2003 Outback - Sold

Go on a road trip and pick it up yourself.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

I’ll definitely be keeping my eye open for one. Thanks for the advice.

You mentioned going to northern MI - where are you starting from? I'm in SW MI and might be able to help you out if the locations aren't too far.......
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

The boat is in Saint Marys Ohio. Fingers crossed at this point - this morning things looked bleak re: getting an axle. But Cindy at Dexter UFP has been amazing! I'm not holding my breath, but she processed my warranty request and have an order number. She wants me to check back at the end of the week, and her hope is that the axle is ready Monday (June 29), and I could pick it up. Technically I am in Cincinnati - so that would be a 5.5 hour drive, but well worth it. I've been reading and enjoying these forums since I bought the boat in 2008, all ideas are welcomed and appreciated. Thanks!

good luck and hope it all works out for ya.
    never swapped an axle so hope it's a quick couple hour job and off on vacation for ya
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Wow! They are warranty an axle on a 12 year old trailer? Thats awesome.

I know it’s been a few days since you posted and I hope you have it all worked out. If not though, Dry Dock Boat Services sells trailer parts. They’re on the west side of Cincy near Fairfield. I bought parts to redo the brakes on my triple axle Sea Ray trailer last year. Worth a shot

I'm in the same boat. Father's day weekend the Torsion axle blew out on my '08 boatmate trailer. No trailer manufacturer or repair shop will touch it. I had my mechanic take it off and I took it to a weld shop. Quick fix for me, they welded the damn thing and it's not going anywhere. Down side is, I have no shocks on that side now, I have to cut the welds off when the new torsion axle comes in, and if those welds break on my 2 hour trip, I'm screwed. Dexter is kind and all, but 3-4 weeks for a replacement part when these are known to fault is piss poor.