Default Replacing Speakers

I installed Kicker's KMS67 4 speaker set 4 years ago. One of the speakers has gone bad, and the volume level needed to hear okay for a wakeboarder was extremely loud in the boat. Now, I'm looking for something else. Would a pair of Krypt 6.5 HLCDs do a better job of getting the sound to a wakeboarder without being so loud in the boat? If so, would a Swiss Audio SMA2125 amp drive them sufficiently?

Are there other options in the mid-range quality I should be looking at instead?

Thanks!
    05 Mobius LSV - gravity 3 ballast and wake plate
    single axle trailer
    DIY hot water shower installed
    DIY tube inflator installed

Default Replacing Speakers

The 6.5” Krypts aren’t bad at all. I had 4 of them on the tower of my old 2004 LS.

You will need a minimum of 300w RMS per pair, if you wire each pair in parallel on each side of the tower (will make each pair a 2Ω load).
    That Swiss Audi amp will NOT cut it. It will be underpowered and cause those Krypts to clip badly and WILL damage them. Trust me....I found that out the hard way.

Here’s a better low cost option for an amp.

Rockford Fosgate P600X4 Punch 600 Watt 4 Channel Amplifier https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BF6HZ92..._yJm8EbWCRB4NC

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Stazi; 06-22-2020 at 11:08 AM.
    2017 Moomba Craz

Would a pair of Krypt 6.5 HLCDs do a better job of getting the sound to a wakeboarder without being so loud in the boat?
    No. There is no way to make the sound jump the boat, then proceed to the rider. You are trading one 6.5 HLCD for another.

As it is, your 2 chnl is very light power wise, by half IMO. This can result in turning the system volume wide open, leading to clipping/distortion. Also, if you do not have effective zone control, a good portion of the in boat volume is from the in-boats, not the tower pods. For better sound quality, I would suggest a pair of larger HLCD, say the Kicker KMTC9 or the Wet Sounds Rev-8 for example. I would also go with more amp wattage and dual zone volume control if none exist currently. FADE is crude, but can do the job.