Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Isaguel View Post
    Why not just offer upgraded tower and upholstry options to get it up to Kaiyen level
    tige did this for 1.5 years. had the z1/z3 and r21/r23. same hulls just difference in trims. killed off z series and you could get r series optioned up to z interiors etc..
    it didn't last. most orders rolled off the line as a base r, not the upgraded z. now only running this for 1.5 years may have been by design or a marketing plan gone wrong but either way it didn't last.

I'm with ya in that I don't get bringing back the mondo AND keeping the helix. I don't get a sense the sub21ft boat market is where the monies are at. as we have shopped for a new whip I have ran across a shortage of 22-23ft boats but if you look around there are still 2019 new supra sr's and tige rzx20's and in this market that tells me sub21's are still not the desirable size(found 2 examples- 1 from each with discounts from 40-50k).
    some dealers leave up their boats they ordered this year on the website and simply put a sold tag on them. shows what they are selling over the course of the season and it's not helix boats. majority seem to be max, craz and mojo's.
    22-24ft seems to be the sweet spot for boats and as a builder I would think focusing in this spot for most models and include 1 sub21 and 1 larger than 24 would be a good portfolio of products.
    6 would be the max I would think skiers would want from each line and think 5 is the ideal.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I like the Kaiyen, but I would go with a 1-1.5 foot longer version at 22.5-23'. I like the walk through transom and the wide beam. The one thing I didn't like was the bow felt short when I sat in one. Otherwise, it was a beautiful boat with lots of awesome features. I think a 20' version could feel even more shortened. Just my two cents.

mgs, I agree 100% on the bow being a little on the smallish side. one I sat in was designed for kids or adults under 5'6".
    when i look at who has ever used our bow in OUR 13 years of boating, it's usually kids or gf/wives. what they did makes sense in the kaiyen. now translate that to a boat that is shorter would be interesting.

moomba got it right for most occupants on the kaiyen imo. for a 21.5ft boat it felt right. have to see a mondo before passing judgement on that one.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

These ezDRIVE Sternthrusters seem to be great options for the Moomba and Supra lines! They've been installed on a variety of models and seem to have great customer feedback. See the links below for more details.

SUPRA:
    https://www.ezdrivethruster.com/inst...2-2008-mockup/
    https://www.ezdrivethruster.com/inst...tos/supra-lsv/

MOOMBA:
    https://www.ezdrivethruster.com/inst...ba-makai-2020/

Default 2021 supra and moomba

Quote Originally Posted by TheYachtGroup View Post
    These ezDRIVE Sternthrusters seem to be great options for the Moomba and Supra lines! They've been installed on a variety of models and seem to have great customer feedback. See the links below for more details.

SUPRA:
    https://www.ezdrivethruster.com/inst...2-2008-mockup/
    https://www.ezdrivethruster.com/inst...tos/supra-lsv/

MOOMBA:
    https://www.ezdrivethruster.com/inst...ba-makai-2020/
    Are you the owner of this company?

I think Yacht Group owns EZdrive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by larry_arizona; 07-13-2020 at 01:42 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by schwan View Post
    I would be surprised if they don't do a 23' Makai style boat. I have a 16 mojo and am waiting for that to come out to upgrade. For a lot of families 23' is just the right size, and not all of us want to spend the $$$ on a supra.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    This is the boat that I want!
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

Default 23' Makai/Kaiyen

Quote Originally Posted by korey View Post
    This is the boat that I want!
    Completely agree with the earlier comments about the Kaiyen. It looks like the perfect boat for our family except for the size of the bow area. My wife and kids like spending their time up front in our 2013 LSV and the Kaiyen felt like it had considerably less room (wide, but too short).

I'm hoping they come up with a 23' option between the Makai and Kaiyen that adds space in the bow. That would be our next boat!

Quote Originally Posted by GregInAtlanta View Post
    Completely agree with the earlier comments about the Kaiyen. It looks like the perfect boat for our family except for the size of the bow area. My wife and kids like spending their time up front in our 2013 LSV and the Kaiyen felt like it had considerably less room (wide, but too short).

I'm hoping they come up with a 23' option between the Makai and Kaiyen that adds space in the bow. That would be our next boat!
    That would be a sweet boat!!! I want bigger than the Kaiyen, but makai at 24.5 is just a bit big for my needs. I am 75,20,5 wake, ski, surf.

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    I could see the return of the mondo and retiring the helix.

6 boat models can work for Moomba.

But unless there is a 21 foot lake restriction market, I see no point in a 20.5 and a 21.5 variant of the same boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I heard the helix will not return

Quote Originally Posted by Precious Roy View Post
    I heard the helix will not return
    Dealer told me the same thing. It wasn’t a huge seller the last few years. The new Mondo will be 20 feet.