So mondo is all new for 21?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    So mondo is all new for 21?

i just heard 3700lb stock ballast with a new hull design, similar to Kaiyen.
    they happened to be bringing one in late August in a color i like, so i grabbed it.

hopefully the expected timing holds
    2021 Mondo
    2017 Mondo

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    The FXONE tower is a huge Supra advantage.

Best looking tower in the market.

I am a Skiers Choice fanboy, specifically Supra, but the FX One tower is a rattling mess in my opinion. It looks great but it is not nearly as solid as the Nautiques tower and bimini. Mine has come loose twice from the sides of the gunnel on the starboard side and it is the hardest f'ing bimini top out of all the boat manufacturers to deploy and un-deploy. It rattles and sways it's arse off if you have any rough water and are doing 20mph or more with boards in the clamps. Oh and lets not forget that my bimini has torn two times on the rear corners where you have two sliding bars for the rear portion of the bimini that you have to extend out to lock them in.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

Default 2021 supra and moomba

Quote Originally Posted by Prospersigman View Post
    I am a Skiers Choice fanboy, specifically Supra, but the FX One tower is a rattling mess in my opinion. It looks great but it is not nearly as solid as the Nautiques tower and bimini. Mine has come loose twice from the sides of the gunnel on the starboard side and it is the hardest f'ing bimini top out of all the boat manufacturers to deploy and un-deploy. It rattles and sways it's arse off if you have any rough water and are doing 20mph or more with boards in the clamps. Oh and lets not forget that my bimini has torn two times on the rear corners where you have two sliding bars for the rear portion of the bimini that you have to extend out to lock them in.
    Mine has been rock solid, the Bimini isn’t hard to deploy, but is tricky to stow.

The 2020+ Bimini has a lock so that you don’t have to put the cover on all the time.

The cover can be a 2 person job.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I'm going to have to agree with Larry on the tower. Mine is/has been rock solid.

I don't have any trouble deploying and stowing the bimini, but maybe I'm a freak in that regard. My last boat was a Tige with the Alpha-Z tower, now that bimini was hard to deploy and stow. It was bad enough, the Tige forum had a member make an instructional video they passed around, if you weren't careful with your sequence you could literally drop the forward support arms in the lake.

On the FXOne bimini, I don't ever use the bimini boot it is a pain in the ass. We always have our bimini deployed, so when folding the tower and putting the cover on, I just use a pair of bungees to keep the bimini from trashing the windshield.
    2019 SUPRA SE 450
    2015 Tige Z1 (SOLD)
    2014 Tige Z1 (SOLD)
    2012 Yamaha 212SS (SOLD)
    2008 Yamaha AR210 (SOLD)

Rode on the 2019 PWT boat, all that boat did was pull pro wake boarders all day everyday at 23 mph. It was solid.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Will be interesting to see Mondo.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Default Mini Kaiyen

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Will be interesting to see Mondo.
    Last winter a dealer told me it was essentially a mini-Kaiyen. So imagine most of the same build details, similar width, just chopped. Pricing it’d imagine the Kaiyen minus 5-7k.

Mini-Kaiyen? I like the Kaiyen, but at 21.5 ft it already occupies a spot in the condensed size spot for Moomba. Why make it smaller when you already have the 20.5 ft Helix. ? It seems like diluting the brand too much when you have too many boats competing against each other within a particular size bracket. It reminds me of GM making all kinds of cars with same features and size and same parts and just different branding. Look how that turned out. A whole bunch of crappy cars.
    SC has the competent Helix already at 20'5". Why not just offer upgraded tower and upholstry options to get it up to the Kaiyen level? Within SC they already have Moomba and Supra which do compete, Moomba being their "affordable entry" line. You shouldn't have so many boats of similar size within the same line. I think Moomba has too many boats already and they could be condensed to ensure they always put out a high quality product.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

Default 2021 supra and moomba

I could see the return of the mondo and retiring the helix.

6 boat models can work for Moomba.

But unless there is a 21 foot lake restriction market, I see no point in a 20.5 and a 21.5 variant of the same boat.

Last edited by larry_arizona; 07-13-2020 at 09:24 AM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan