Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Part of it depends on how many lakes you have available to u within reasonable driving distance. We have 3 lakes within 20 min drive and several beautiful large lakes within an hour- 1 1/2 drive. We like to visit different lakes for the variety of scenery. My favorites are within 1.5 hr drive in northern Mn, Gull and whitefish chains.
    So, for us, locking the boat to a lake is not an option. After I upgrade my hitch, my truck should be able to comfortably trailer my boat, that's why I bought it. Don't mind driving. I keep my boat in a 3rd garage stall at home so its nice to get home from work, hook up trailer and drive 5 mins to my nearest lake. On weekends we head up north. So, point is, it all depends. I don't mind trailering but not everyone feels the same.
    How many lakes do you have nearby? Never been to Arkansas.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by Isaguel View Post
    Part of it depends on how many lakes you have available to u within reasonable driving distance. We have 3 lakes within 20 min drive and several beautiful large lakes within an hour- 1 1/2 drive. We like to visit different lakes for the variety of scenery. My favorites are within 1.5 hr drive in northern Mn, Gull and whitefish chains.
    So, for us, locking the boat to a lake is not an option. After I upgrade my hitch, my truck should be able to comfortably trailer my boat, that's why I bought it. Don't mind driving. I keep my boat in a 3rd garage stall at home so its nice to get home from work, hook up trailer and drive 5 mins to my nearest lake. On weekends we head up north. So, point is, it all depends. I don't mind trailering but not everyone feels the same.
    I am identical to this.

My local lake is 15 min, from barn to ramp. Awesome for midweek after work.

We have 15-20 lakes within 30-45 minutes with our favorite at 45 min, 2000+ acres, 3 sandbars, 10 ramps, tons of parking and can always find clean water on the weekends.

We do 2-3 up north trips per season and do all the glacier cut lakes in the lower peninsula of Michigan. 3-4 hour drive.

Michigan has 13k lakes, never at a shortage of options or adventures.

The local dry storage option really does lock you into a lake locally. It’s a large lake, 1200 acres, but gets very crowded on weekends. $2700 per season for indoor rack storage with valet service and it’s $3300 for an uncovered wet slip. I am 30 min from this lake.

It’s tempting, but I prefer my boat at home in my pole barn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

There are some other really good lakes that are driveable (2-3 hours away) but Beaver Lake is in my backyard and is huge and varied.

I could see going to another lake maybe once per year maximum honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by RB56 View Post
    There are some other really good lakes that are driveable (2-3 hours away) but Beaver Lake is in my backyard and is huge and varied.

I could see going to another lake maybe once per year maximum honestly.
    Hmm, at that rate, then u might as well keep it on a slip on BL.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 F150 Lariat

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    This year we opted to put the boat in an enclosed storage unit near several boat ramps on our favorite lake. Last year we kept the boat at my parents house out in the weather with cover the only protection because a Max won't fit in our garage and we have a strict HOA group, so no dice storing the boat at our own house. Having the boat near the lake is great for us as we do't have to trailer it for an hour and half each way. The only draw back is that the boat is sort of "lake locked" to that specific lake unless we take the boat back home to my parents house and then plan to visit another lake the following weekend(s). But that is why we chose the lake we did as it offers the most in terms of areas for water sports, things to see and do around the lake both on water and land and has the most food/lounge amenities compared to the other lakes.

So our setup is basically:
    • prepare sandwiches and cooler the night before hitting the lake
    • wake up in the morning and eat a big breakfast
    • drive 1.5 hours down to the storage unit
    • prepare boat (remove cover, install drain plug, load coolers and gear)
    • drive to the launch 5 mins away and skip past everyone who is in the boat prepare zones loading their boats up
    • launch boat
    • enjoy epic day
    Pretty much the same deal as us. The lake is 2 hours door to storage door. We typically stay at a hotel near the lake Saturday night after getting off the water. Then we are usually the first boat out Sunday morning (except for the fishermen).
    2006 Supra Launch 21V

Hmm, at that rate, then u might as well keep it on a slip on BL.
    Yeah but is it cool to overwinter it in the slip (on a lift, covered and winterized of course)?

Your winters should be shorter. Here in Mn were talking 5-6 months of winter storage. Many people use a shrink wrap and store outside. I store mine indoors. Your winters are what, 2-3 months? Your water doesn't freeze I'm guessing. As long as the area is safe from vandalism and you have a whole boat cover to protect gel coat and upholstery from UV rays and discoloration, not sure what the harm would be. Is this in a marina where there are wifi cameras and you can check on boat remotely?
    I guess there is no real harm, but I do feel uncomfortable about leaving my boat out in the open, accessible to anyone and not seeing it for 3 months.
    I suppose I would prolly store it in a secure, enclosed garage myself.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 F150 Lariat

I’ve been told that as it cools due to air density the Hydrohoists will lose some air and checking on it monthly is a good idea. Also the valve can have slow leaks. I plan on leaving it at the slip and this new cover should help with keeping it out of the nastier elements.

2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere

2019' Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    I’ve been told that as it cools due to air density the Hydrohoists will lose some air and checking on it monthly is a good idea. Also the valve can have slow leaks. I plan on leaving it at the slip and this new cover should help with keeping it out of the nastier elements.

What Lb rating is your hydrohoist and what did it run you? Did your marina already have it and u rent it or did u have to buy and install it?