Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dark deck and vinyl colors too hot?

I live in Florida and I'm looking at ordering a boat with dark graphite deck/hull and upholstery. Would this be scorching hot (more so than the beige on my current boat)? I've heard that black tends to show scratches and dirtiness pretty bad but feel like the graphite might not be as bad? I'm torn between going with the color combo I really want and going with something more practical (white deck/hull).

Ive got a black hull and white deck. Upholstery is white and gray. The white gets hot. Dark colors are going to get hotter (lava). That said we did not order our boat but if I did I would have gone with a darker scheme like your mentioning (still would). The down side to white is it gets dirty way quicker than the gray. The darker color will show sunscreen if some one sits down with it not completely rubbed in. The deck color in my opinion isn't going to be that big of a difference because your not going to be sitting directly on it. The black hulls look great but it constantly stay dirty. Knicks do show more than on lighter colors
    Last edited by Surgical_ass; 06-20-2020 at 10:30 PM.
    '18 mojo

Quote Originally Posted by Surgical_ass View Post
    Ive got a black hull and white deck. Upholstery is white and gray. The white gets hot. Dark colors are going to get hotter (lava). That said we did not order our boat but if I did I would have gone with a darker scheme like your mentioning (still would). The down side to white is it gets dirty way quicker than the gray. The darker color will show sunscreen if some one sits down with it not completely rubbed in. The deck color in my opinion isn't going to be that big of a difference because your not going to be sitting directly on it. The black hulls look great but it constantly stay dirty. Knicks do show more than on lighter colors
    So youre saying that the vinyl gets hot no matter what color u get?

What boat are u ordering, Supra or Moomba? Did u configure it yet?. Post pics of the configuration. If supra, it uses this chill tech vinyl, doesn't feel as strong as regular vinyl so not too confident about how well its going to hold up in the long term compared to vinyl, but it does not get hot. I sat in a black interior SL that sat in sun for hours and it was surprisingly cool. If Moomba, then yes, your darker colors will be pretty hot. My Mojo had a grey white and red interior and I do not recall in 5 yrs of ownership anyone complaining about burning their buns because of hot vinyl.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by Isaguel View Post
    What boat are u ordering, Supra or Moomba? Did u configure it yet?. Post pics of the configuration. If supra, it uses this chill tech vinyl, doesn't feel as strong as regular vinyl so not too confident about how well its going to hold up in the long term compared to vinyl, but it does not get hot. I sat in a black interior SL that sat in sun for hours and it was surprisingly cool. If Moomba, then yes, your darker colors will be pretty hot. My Mojo had a grey white and red interior and I do not recall in 5 yrs of ownership anyone complaining about burning their buns because of hot vinyl.
    Moomba

Have done several configurations. Not close to ordering - hopefully next year. Will likely go with very light gray and white seats

Quote Originally Posted by Surgical_ass View Post
    Yeah I guess I'm not as worried about the deck color for heat but for scratches since there's a good amount of gel coat that people will inevitably scratch. I know black is notorious for showing scratches but is grey comparable? It seems a lot of boats have the white upholstery but they always seem dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaguel View Post
    Moomba. I'm basically debating between the white/light graphite and light graphite/dark graphite interiors.

even white will get hot in the sun. Not as bad as darker colors but it will get hot.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

The chill tech gets hot as well, not as hot as the regular vinyl, but still hot...I have been in several, all the same....

I'd go lighter colors, our Mojo was white and red interior, it got hot, but wasn't terrible.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

We have light graphite and white. The white doesn't get hot but the light graphite / grey gets SCORCHING hot!!
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

we were out saturday and pulled out around 1:30pm. it was 106 and sunny. my grey carpet was hot af and the white vinyl in the boat was scorching.

I'd never order a boat here in the desert with a colored topdeck or heavily colored interior. we use towels on all the seats due to the sun.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten