Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Here's another Youtube video of a guy (Btuff) using two shapers -- best wave he's ever had, and he experiments a ton.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eGx74kXE-E
    2008 Mobius LSV
    1100's each rear
    570 ski locker
    750 IBS
    Plus bags 625 and lead 650
    Reversible pumps-3
    ACME 2937 prop
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    Swell shaper

I used to own a Yamaha and the forums are rife with all kinds of crazy stuff to make a surf wave behind a Yamaha. Personally, the only thing that worked was putting so much weight on the back corner that I was worried the engines would explode at any minute. The pocket was very small but surfable.

One of the experiments everyone tried was additional shapers. In almost all cases multiple shapers either tore off or actually messed up the delayed wake effect caused by the primary shaper. My guess is that additional shapers would not have any effect. A larger shaper or different shape might.
    2019 Moomba Mojo
    Wakemakers Ballast Upgrade
    Inland Surfer Red Rocket, Blue Lake
    Ronix Pot Belly Cruiser, Carbon Air Core 3
    Zup 2.0
    Poparazzi & Super Mable Tubes

Yamaha? Is that a stern drive or a jet boat? Hopefully not a stern drive unless you don't like to keep your head connected your shoulders!
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

Yamaha’s are jet boats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

It was a dual jet boat. On paper that can be OK for surfing as there is no prop to worry about. In practice the single engine Yamaha Jet boats produce a small surfable wave but can't handle much weight. My dual engine boat could handle enough weight to create a medium surf wave with a very short pocket BUT the dual engines put the jetwash right on the face of the wave so we had to knock it down with what was essentially a giant mud flap device. The other problem is the Yamaha hull is very flat and has a shallow draft which isn't designed to be sunk like you do with surfing. I was always worried about a) swamping, b) burning out an engine, c) correctly rigging all the extra ballast bags. My Moomba? Flick some switches and wait a couple minutes. Big improvement to my surf day.
    2019 Moomba Mojo
    Wakemakers Ballast Upgrade
    Inland Surfer Red Rocket, Blue Lake
    Ronix Pot Belly Cruiser, Carbon Air Core 3
    Zup 2.0
    Poparazzi & Super Mable Tubes

I'm sure surfmode is a good product. Their marketing gets on everyone's nerves tho. They were banned from 1 of the surf groups.
    2019' Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by DNIXD99 View Post
    They were banned from 1 of the surf groups.
    I noticed that too. I think the weekly if not > weekly promotion was too much for some.

He sells a lot of them on the Supra/Moomba page. Nice guy. Does not talk 'smack' about the other products. Not sure if that is reciprocated.

Overall, I think it's funny that they ALL copy someone else, then call the other people copy-cats
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    I noticed that too. I think the weekly if not > weekly promotion was too much for some.

He sells a lot of them on the Supra/Moomba page. Nice guy. Does not talk 'smack' about the other products. Not sure if that is reciprocated.

Overall, I think it's funny that they ALL copy someone else, then call the other people copy-cats
    Some people are just haters, but their approach is very off putting. I own a machine shop, and grew up in the business. When he first came out with it, just reading all of the "only 5 axis machine in the state" "we have the best machinist" blah blah blah. He came across like a snake oil salesman. Its a Router, and he makes wood furniture. Most oilfield machinist would LOL at that nonsense. Someone even called him a snake oil salesman in the comments. It was the first thing that came to my mind, but I really dont care. As far as I can tell the consumers like the product, so good for them. Although, considering the amount of people he gave deals to in the beginning, I dont understand why there arent more reviews. But really not my problem, just my worthless opinion.
    2019' Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Does not talk 'smack' about the other products. Not sure if that is reciprocated.
    He does, he's just more subtle about it. "If you've been suffering with one of the other shapers on the market, pm me for a discount code".

He's gotten more realistic with his claims lately. He started out with a bunch of pseudo-scientific BS, and claiming you could eliminate ballast with his "game changer".

He did come out with the first narrow and flexible cup setup, which actually was a bit of a game-changer, because it made it easier to fit to more boats.

He also seems to have excellent customer service, which is always great to see.
    2019 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by DNIXD99 View Post
    Some people are just haters, but their approach is very off putting. I own a machine shop, and grew up in the business. When he first came out with it, just reading all of the "only 5 axis machine in the state" "we have the best machinist" blah blah blah. He came across like a snake oil salesman. Its a Router, and he makes wood furniture. Most oilfield machinist would LOL at that nonsense. Someone even called him a snake oil salesman in the comments. It was the first thing that came to my mind, but I really dont care. As far as I can tell the consumers like the product, so good for them. Although, considering the amount of people he gave deals to in the beginning, I dont understand why there arent more reviews. But really not my problem, just my worthless opinion.
    BTW - cool pics/video on Facebook of that MAX wave.
    2018 Supra SL400