Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Stainless Steel Cup Holders

I was killing some time at a Rinker dealer before a basketball game, and saw that they had good prices ($8.39) on some stainless steel cupholders. I'd been thinking about replacing the plastic ones on my 2006 Mobius LSV but could not come to terms with the prices I was seeing ($12 and up) especially since I have to buy 11 of 'em. I don't like the fact that the plastic ones have a drain hole at the bottom as I don't want spilled pop to drain down into the carpeting - I would rather than they be contained within the cupholder. So this plus the good price convinced me to pull the trigger.

When I went to install them, I found that the SS ones were about 1/16th of an inch too small all the way around so that they would move side to side about 1/8". I took some electrical tape and wrapped it just below the rim of each cupholder about 10 times give or take, until they fit snug into the hole. The results are below. I have to say, they look a helluva a lot better than the stock plastic ones!

Al

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Looks Great !

yep,

on the list for my 05 as well

Those look way better than the plastic ones

Thanks for sharing Im going to upgrade mine as well

Jay

Default cup holders

Hi there, David here from central Oregon. we have a 06 LSV and I would like to change out the cup holders also. I am in portland alot for work where can I find this place ? Thanks
    08 LSV, Z-5 CARGO, TANDOM AXLE CUSTOM WHEELS TRAILER.....HOME LAKE IS BILLY CHINOOK CENTRAL OREGON

Hi David,

I got them from Fred Denham at Beaverton Marine (503-643-2987), although, when I bought them, he said is was about to raise the price to $9.99.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

When I went to install them, I found that the SS ones were about 1/16th of an inch too small all the way around so that they would move side to side about 1/8". I took some electrical tape and wrapped it just below the rim of each cupholder about 10 times give or take, until they fit snug into the hole.
    Looks like you used the approved factory install method.....this is what my stock plastic cup holders have to keep them snug.

I see them on Wakeside.com. They have 3 5/8" and 3". AM I correct in assuming the Moomba uses the 3 5/8" ? It looks like the standard and the 3" was a later add for some limited uses?

Thanks,

bw

bw,

Best thing to do is pull one out and measure the hole. I believe the holes were 3-3/4" diameter but I'm not positive. Also, check the reviews on the ss cup holders on wakeside - looks like they are less than the advertised 3-5/8" diameter. Personally, I'd buy just one first to make sure they fit okay.

The ones I bought were actually quite loose. I almost returned them but a roll of electrical tape took care of all 11.

Hope that helps.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Foudn this on Ebay... as cheap as they are I am going to try... may be too small... I'll let you know.. You may have to copy all of this link... if it does not work, search: 10 3.5" Stainless Steel Cup Holder for Poker Table Boat
    Only $29.99 per 10 plus shipping...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ype=osi_widget