Default Looking at 2013 supra ssv22 - 4 questions

Hey everyone, new member here, possibly new Supra owner. I am looking at a 2013 Supra SSv22, in very good condition, with less than 100 hours. Asking is $70K CAD, which is about $52K USD, which may be a bit high, but pretty close I think. There aren't a lot of comparable on the market to spot check this price.

I have a few questions for those of you who would graciously take the time to answer:

I grew up boating, competed wakeboarding, etc. so I like the versatility of this wake. However, my wife will likely only be surfing, and is a brand new beginner, and from my research, this surf wave isn't the best. The sale listing says it only has 1200lbs of ballast. I have read this forum and there are ways to upgrade, which I would do, but I do not want bags sitting out, only the hidden ones.
    1) Is this wake good enough for beginner surfing, with an upgraded hidden ballast, wake shaper and new prop? Or will I be disappointed after spending $70K?
    2) Is it easy to buy the filler cushion from the manufacturer/a dealer?
    3) I'm told the boat had a $12K "boat life" package which came with sound system, digital dash, surf system, etc. but I can not find anything about this online. Any insight?
    4) Any idea what these boats retailed for in 2013?

Thank you so much. We have a new baby and I am so excited to have him grow up as a boat baby like I did, if this works out.

ill offer this up:
    that boat should have had an msrp somewhere pushing 90k. 50 doesn't sound too far off for a low hour boat if it's in good shape.
    can't comment on the surf wave BUT my old 20ssv put out a good wave for a 20ft boat. I would suspect you would have similar results with a hull 2ft longer.
    I traded the boat in on a new one and the 20ssv was their favorite on the lot as a wakeboard boat for the rest of the 2012 season. we had 1100's in the rear and 400 in the center. said the wake was money for boarding.
    the 21v from supra was a much better wakeboard boat than the 20/22/24ssv but it is harder to get a good surfwave out of the 21v. I'd tend to steer away from that hull if surfing is going to be your primary sport.

good luck and post up what you buy.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    ill offer this up:
    that boat should have had an msrp somewhere pushing 90k. 50 doesn't sound too far off for a low hour boat if it's in good shape.
    can't comment on the surf wave BUT my old 20ssv put out a good wave for a 20ft boat. I would suspect you would have similar results with a hull 2ft longer.
    I traded the boat in on a new one and the 20ssv was their favorite on the lot as a wakeboard boat for the rest of the 2012 season. we had 1100's in the rear and 400 in the center. said the wake was money for boarding.
    the 21v from supra was a much better wakeboard boat than the 20/22/24ssv but it is harder to get a good surfwave out of the 21v. I'd tend to steer away from that hull if surfing is going to be your primary sport.

good luck and post up what you buy.
    Thank you so much. Just to clarity, you are saying that the 22ssv (the boat I am looking at) has a better surf and worse wakeboard wake? I would be OK with that, these old knees aren't what they once were.

Quote Originally Posted by canuckflyhigh View Post
    1) Is this wake good enough for beginner surfing, with an upgraded hidden ballast, wake shaper and new prop? Or will I be disappointed after spending $70K?
    2) Is it easy to buy the filler cushion from the manufacturer/a dealer?
    3) I'm told the boat had a $12K "boat life" package which came with sound system, digital dash, surf system, etc. but I can not find anything about this online. Any insight?
    4) Any idea what these boats retailed for in 2013?

Thank you so much. We have a new baby and I am so excited to have him grow up as a boat baby like I did, if this works out.
    I owned the 2007 22SSV and really liked that boat. I put a lot of upgrades over the years. We boarded and surfed.

If you read the surf wave isn't the best, compared to what? Back in 2013 was Pre-Surf Systems on boats and the industry started a big move to add tabs and other devices to boats. The Supra 22SSSV or Launch throws a great surf wave when properly setup.

1) On that boat surf ballast setup, I ran 1100s in each of the lockers, mid-ship bag, and a bow bag (not necessary), but the boat really likes weight in the mid and back Depending on the crew size, i also ran some weight in the locker corners to "list the boat" to the surf side. I also ran an upgrade prop - Acme 1433. Boat performed great and had a great surf wave. Lots of info around on getting a wake-shaper device for the side of the boat. Any type will work on this hull.

For boarding, you need to position people/ballast weight to keep the wakes equal. I ran mostly midship to front weight. Then used the ballast bags to level the boat out. 20-22mph was a really clean boarding wake. Not as rampy as the new boats.

2) You will probably not find the filler cushion from the Dealer or SC, but any good boat vinyl re-do shop will be able to find a close match and make one.

3) Do not know anything about a "boat life" package, but the stereos from 2013 setups are average-to-poor. There might have been a std package and upgrade package, but it's hard to compare systems from Kenwood/Polk (old) to Wetsounds/JL (new). It's all about your ears and how many dollars you want to spend.

All the boats had a digital dashes that year, not sure what would be specific that would make one 2013 different from another 2013.

Starting around 2009, the boats all had Reversible Pumps Surf systems. Anyone who is getting into surfing will remove stock bags and MAX those bags from someplace like Wakemakers.

4) Retail does not mean that much in the states for used boats. It's more of Region, Options/Upgrades, Maintenance Recs, and Hours. Supra produces smaller amounts of boats, so there is a supply-demand that keeps the prices higher on the used boat market.

2013 with less that 100 hours is good find. Hope it works out out for you.
    2018 Supra SL400

If you're looking for a 2013 Supra SSv22, in very good condition, with less than 100 hours of use, it would be a good fit. This bike is brand new and has only been used for 100 hours. It is fully registered and has a full warranty. It is also in excellent condition, with no chips, cracks, or dents.
    Last edited by bergermaister; 12-02-2022 at 02:03 PM. Reason: in cross hairs for being banned - what's up with the random links