Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RB56 View Post
    I'd like to hear some comments on the interior seating/space capabilities compared to these models. The Helix and Makai look like they are wider than the others.

Do any of these models stand out in terms of roominess (particularly bow capacity) besides just the raw passenger count and boat length?

I really dont imagine i would ever go past 12 passengers. prolly 8 is the sweet spot for me most of the time.

Attachment 28711
    When we were shopping I sat in the Craz and Mojo boats along with the Max and although the traditional bow of the Craz will have sleeker lines than most of the other models in the lineup, the tapered bow stood out to us how much room gets ate up by the taper. Might not be an issue for you or your family but for us we wanted a very deep, wide, play-pin style layout. The Max is very squared off allowing for a lot of bow space. The Helix is similar but shorter bow space front to rear since it's a smaller boat. The Mojo is more of a hybrid style bow layout like a mix between a Craz and a Max in terms of shape and roominess. The Mojo is I think the oldest in the line-up with now an upgraded interior. It is also the only boat in the lineup that has a 100" beam compared to all others having 102" beam. 2" might not seem like a lot but some models carries their beam further along the boat than others which adds to them feeling roomier.If I had to guess I would think the Mojo would be next on either getting completely redesigned hull or possibly replacd by a new model. I've had I think around 15 people in my Max (on stock ballast) and yes that's a ton of people and more than I ever care to carry but it did not feel cramped and we still had room for a few other people if needed. Not that I would ever want that many people on my boat again but just saying it can certainly hold that many and still not feel cramped, at least for those in the cockpit. I had I think 5-6 people in the bow all of them were adults. The Craz, Mojo, Kaiyen and Makai now all have a similar "offset" dash design based loosely on the original Helix and Max interior designs but they come with the larger 7" screen. There are times I really wished we had that screen instead of the smaller 4.5" screen as it just gives you more data at a glance rather than having to toggle between screens like you have to on the smaller screens. The Helix and Max are a little less bells and whistles than the rest of the models but for us it was perfect and still looks good imo. I'm sort of a minimalist anyways so it doesn't bother me not having all the latest do-dads and whatnot. Well, except for the 7" screen as I'd really like to have that lol.

I don't think you can go wrong with any Moomba in the line-up as they are all great boats. you just need to go to a dealer that hopefully still has some inventory on his lot so you can sit in all the boats and demo the ones that get your heart pumping. I do wish they offered more gel coat layouts and options across all of the line-up but they all look great IMO. There is not another Moomba in the line-up I would trade my Max for and only upgrade I'd move to would be a Supra, especially the new sexy SA as it reminds me of a Max but a bit more refined and higher end. Not to say a Moomba isn't refined as they all use nice materials and detail but Supra of course is a few notches more in style, comfort and do-dads...also a bit more coin too lol. I also heavily researched before buying and checked out other brands like MasterCraft, Axis, Malibu and MB Sports but I kept coming back to the Skiers Choice products. A lot of that was dealer decision and the other half was I just liked everything Moomba offered at its price point compared to the competition. Some of the other brands may excel in one area or another over a Moomba but it's the total package you have to consider and for us the Moomba's just check more of the boxes for what matters.
    Last edited by haknslash; 06-18-2020 at 06:53 PM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

I'd like to hear some comments on the interior seating/space capabilities compared to these models. The Helix and Makai look like they are wider than the others.

Do any of these models stand out in terms of roominess (particularly bow capacity) besides just the raw passenger count and boat length?

I really dont imagine i would ever go past 12 passengers. prolly 8 is the sweet spot for me most of the time.

Attachment 28711
    Coming from a tri-toon, I think you'll appreciate the extra space of a larger boat. I would get the biggest boat that fits your needs, you are willing to tow and fits in your garage. I can't believe I am going to publicly admit this but, I too came from a pontoon. OK there it is, its out. A 22ft Bennington. It was just a phase. My 23ft Mojo was a perfect choice 4 us. Plenty of room and storage for stuff. She's gone now, but not forgotten. I'd say 22-23ft is the sweet spot. Re: the Max, the nice thing about the max is how deep it is which allows to add loads of ballast and still have plenty storage. Its a great value for the money.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by Isaguel View Post
    Coming from a tri-toon, I think you'll appreciate the extra space of a larger boat. I would get the biggest boat that fits your needs, you are willing to tow and fits in your garage. I can't believe I am going to publicly admit this but, I too came from a pontoon. OK there it is, its out. A 22ft Bennington. It was just a phase. My 23ft Mojo was a perfect choice 4 us. Plenty of room and storage for stuff. She's gone now, but not forgotten. I'd say 22-23ft is the sweet spot. Re: the Max, the nice thing about the max is how deep it is which allows to add loads of ballast and still have plenty storage. Its a great value for the money.
    Bruh, tritoons are very versatile and comfortable. Very popular type of boat. No shame lol.

Can you guys advise me as to what these options/extras do and if they are important/advisable/worth the $ to the build of the boat?

Walk through screen
    Fire suppression system
    Removable seat back kit
    Duel battery setup with charger
    Heater
    Side storage bins
    Surf pipe exhaust upgrade
    Water strainer and flush kit

Can you guys advise me as to what these options/extras do and if they are important/advisable/worth the $ to the build of the boat?

Walk through screen
    Fire suppression system
    Removable seat back kit
    Heater
    Side storage bins
    My opinion
    Only if you ride in cool/cold weather
    No because your boat comes fire extinguisher
    Nice upgrade
    Dual batteries and charger is awesome.
    Yes if you are in northern climates
    Very nice upgrade
    Surf pipe should be a requirement
    Water strainer kit is a must.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Walk through screen
    Fire suppression system
    Removable seat back kit
    Heater
    Side storage bins
    The only thing on that list I wouldn't get is the fire suppression.

The 2 absolute musts to me are the dual batteries and surf pipe. Heater is a close second. I don't use it, but the wife and daughter do, almost every time out.
    2019 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
    The only thing on that list I wouldn't get is the fire suppression.

The 2 absolute musts to me are the dual batteries and surf pipe. Heater is a close second. I don't use it, but the wife and daughter do, almost every time out.
    So the heater is a heater for people? Ok. Was thinking it was for the engine or something lol. Interesting. Your fam uses it in the summer??

So the heater is a heater for people? Ok. Was thinking it was for the engine or something lol. Interesting. Your fam uses it in the summer??
    Yes, for people. You could add it later, but why? Just get it from the factory.

Yep, they use it in the evening on the way back to the dock. They're girls, they're always cold.
    2019 Supra SL450

The heater is awesome for early morning sessions and early season sessions,

Heater hoses will reach almost anywhere in boat.

Excellent resale feature too.

Surf pipe is a huge bonus at ordering time, $750 ish when ordering or $1700 at dealers (someone recently was quoted).

You can add surf pipe after, PITA to install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I was skeptical on the heater at first but id say it has extended our season with the kids. Heater with wet suits and they can get in and out of some really cold water all day.
    '18 mojo