Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kidder522 View Post
    Just looking to update my old Obrien Alias. I just picked up a used Ahi but I am new to the surf style boards. Adding a skim in my size will give me and my guests a couple of options. There is also a Phase 5 XB for sale, does anyone have experience with this board. Dropping a Grand on a board that you may not like is tough.
    I have an XB and it’s a great board. It’s basically the cheaper version of the X I think which is a very good board as well just more money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the wobbegong board from a guy that does one off boards. He modeled the board off the phase 5 hammerhead.

http://www.lakewakes.com/skim-wobbegong.html

I also look at his site ever know and then to see what he has for sale. I have bought about 3 boards from him and I really like them. I had one board that was awesome that was made of cork but it snapped in half. I was able to pick up boards for as low as $150 but it has been a while since I have seen them for that price.

Not crazy about his MB design that he has in stock right now but if it went low enough in price I would snag it as a back up.

He has had that board for sale for a while, maybe make him an offer and you could get a hammerhead shaped board for half price of the phase 5.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    - Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    I just picked up a 2020 hammerhead 55”, haven’t ridden it yet but will report back.

I am really intrigued by that board. It was between that board and a foil board and I decided to try the slingshot foil to see if I like wake foiling.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    - Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

So I rode my new hammerhead 55” last weekend, I like it! It’s just as fast, if not faster, than my old Danielo pro. I actually rode out my first 360 on it after years of being sooooo close.

I like the added width at my front foot as I seem to be able to “gas” down on it harder to generate speed without pearling the nose. It’s also very stable doing backside and frontside slides on top of the wake.

It’s much more stable riding fakie than my old board, which is something I recently started working on. I’m pretty good riding fakie on a snowboard, but on a wave seems even more “unnatural” for whatever reason.

Take all this with a grain of salt as I’m no pro lol, but I am a big guy at 6’4” 245lbs who has ridden plenty of boards that just don’t have enough speed for my big a$$.

2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

*I do not need another board* *I do not need another board* *I do not need another board*
    2019' Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by DNIXD99 View Post
    *I do not need another board* *I do not need another board* *I do not need another board*
    [whispers in your ear] "it's just one more board"
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post

Take all this with a grain of salt as I’m no pro lol, but I am a big guy at 6’4” 245lbs who has ridden plenty of boards that just don’t have enough speed for my big a$$.
    Have you been on a Matrix?

2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Have you been on a Matrix?

No I haven’t, my buddy I ride with just got a new 51” Matrix but it’s definitely too small for me.

My Danielo Pro is a 2012 model I believe, and at 58” and 1” thick it looks almost just like a oversized Matrix. We’ll have to take some pics of his board with mine next time we are out.

2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

I have not ridden the Matrix and Hammerhead back/back.

Matrix people say it's faster, but can be unfriendly if you take the fins off. When I tried that on my HiFi, did not go so well.

BoardCo has a video talking about the 2020 side-cut, better control, more speed, and more stability. I read about the previous model was better for riding revert (Hammer vs Matrix, not Hammer2019 vs Hammer2020), but is more prone to dig the nose in.

The Matrix looks like your Danielo Pro.

I guess every model has its fan-base. Looks like a sweet board.
    2018 Supra SL400

The matrix has just a little more nose rocker than the danielo pro, they ride similarly.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    2016 Mojo surf edition
    1100lbs rear w/ 475lbs piggyback mid/ center 700lbs/ 500lbs IBS/ 600 lbs lead
    ACME 2315