Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2016 Craz Ballast Upgrade

I am upgrading my rear ballast. I currently have the 650s. I have a couple questions.

Will the fat sac 1100 pound bags fill all the way?
    Do I need to extend the fill hose?
    Are the custom wake maker bags worth the extra $300 and 4 week wait?
    Is it worth it to custom ordering bags from fat sac as they look like they are cheaper and much shorter wait time.

Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Enzos (1450s) will fill all the way in a Craz unless you have a heater, in which case you just fold the leg.

1100s should be no issue but be sure to reinforce your engine panel dividers & channels.

You are correct, ordering directly from fat sac is cheapest.

Sent from my Note 9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

I do have the heater. Do I need to extend my fill hoses? I heard they can pop off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It depends on how the 650s are plumbed.

Mine had factory 900s that had two fill on bottom, two overflow on top and a vent at the end of the leg.

Sent from my Note 9 using Tapatalk

I have a single fill at the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Mwcraz View Post
    I have a single fill at the bottom.

I'd imagine that if you custom ordered directly from fat sac they could make bags that work with your current plumbing.

I'd speak with them or Wakemakers, you may need to modify your single fill line to a double. Your overflow on top should reach the new bags but if you reach behind the panel where the overflow lines originate from, there should be a zip tie or two you can remove for extra slack.

I had the '16 Mojo and like you I only had 1 fill/empty hose in the bottom, an overflow on top. RC must have the G6 fill system with 2 pumps per bag. Much faster.
    I upgraded to the Enzo's and although they are great, they took all my storage space. Put out great wave though and took FOR-EVER to fill those huge Enzo's with the single pump system, but I was never in a rush, just start filling right away when u leave dock and have a beer while waiting. I also had the heater and never ran into any problems with the heater duct. Your boat and my Mojo should have about the same setup and dimensions.
    I've said this many times already, Enzo's are awesome, but, because of the storage space, if I were to do it again I would of kept the 1100# fat sacs I had, and added the extra weight in Lead. Its not that much more for towing if you have the right rig. Ruins it for skiers though, but we have no skiers in our family.
    I did reinfore the engine bay divider walls.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by Isaguel View Post
    I had the '16 Mojo and like you I only had 1 fill/empty hose in the bottom, an overflow on top. RC must have the G6 fill system with 2 pumps per bag. Much faster.
    I upgraded to the Enzo's and although they are great, they took all my storage space. Put out great wave though and took FOR-EVER to fill those huge Enzo's with the single pump system, but I was never in a rush, just start filling right away when u leave dock and have a beer while waiting. I also had the heater and never ran into any problems with the heater duct. Your boat and my Mojo should have about the same setup and dimensions.
    I've said this many times already, Enzo's are awesome, but, because of the storage space, if I were to do it again I would of kept the 1100# fat sacs I had, and added the extra weight in Lead. Its not that much more for towing if you have the right rig. Ruins it for skiers though, but we have no skiers in our family.
    I did reinfore the engine bay divider walls.
    I have a 2017, I think the G6 system came out in 2018? In 2017, there were two packages...the surf edition & the Max Surf Edition.

The Max Surf came with 900s and additional plumbing but was still G3.

Yes, filling Enzos does take awhile without G6 but to me that's time to shoot the shit and enjoy a cold beer (or a red bull if it's dawn patrol )

Congrats on your new ride Isaguel!!...time to update that signature

Thanks everyone for all the advice. I am going to spec out custom bags first but might end up going with the 1100s. Too bad Wakemakers is so backed up.

I had FatSac quote two different bags. One is 60” long 25” wide and stair steps up like the Enzo bags but with two steps. They said this would be about 1300lbs and cost $335 without fittings. The second is 45x25x25 which is about 1150lbs and will cost $235. How much do you think the second option will fill? Will it fill 100%? I just want to be sure to get the best bang for my buck. I am going to order tomorrow as it will take 2 weeks before it arrives and I have a vacation at Lake Murray floating cabins in 2 weeks.