Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Screwy Ballast

Default Screwy Ballast

Took the boat out yesterday for the first time this season, started filling the right side ballast bag up, once filled i switched to the left side. After a while I noticed the right side starting to bilge looked under the locker and it the right side bag looked like it was going to burst. Looked in the left locker and the bag was empty and dry.

Determined that the left bag was somehow filling up the right bag. I couldn't get the left bag to get any water.

Any ideas?
    08 mobius lsv
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV.
    325 ASSAULT

Sprinkler valves are sticking. Just replace them. They are cheap enough. Better option than regular sprinkler valves is to replace them with these for better flow:

Motorized Ball Valve- 1/2" Stainless Steel Electrical Ball Valve with Full Port, 9-24V AC/DC and 3 Wire Setup by U.S. Solid https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XD3W8QD..._yq55EbRYNRWFY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    Sprinkler valves are sticking. Just replace them. They are cheap enough. Better option than regular sprinkler valves is to replace them with these for better flow:

Motorized Ball Valve- 1/2" Stainless Steel Electrical Ball Valve with Full Port, 9-24V AC/DC and 3 Wire Setup by U.S. Solid https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XD3W8QD..._yq55EbRYNRWFY

Awesome, thank you!!

The link you posted, those mount to the sprinkler manifold just like the sprinkler valves or will some other mods need to be made?
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV.
    325 ASSAULT

I replaced my original Orbit valves with Irritrol 700B valves. No issues after many seasons of use.

https://www.amazon.com/Irritrol-700B...2238213&sr=8-4
    2005 Mobius LSV
    325 EFI

So are these a direct replacement for the sprinkler valves on the same manifold? Just got our first v-drive (02 Outback LSV) and would like to fix the issue of the bags filling up at speed. Thanks!
    2002 Outback LSV
    (First Inboard)
    1992 Larson I/O - sold

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_Riggs View Post
    So are these a direct replacement for the sprinkler valves on the same manifold? Just got our first v-drive (02 Outback LSV) and would like to fix the issue of the bags filling up at speed. Thanks!
    Yes but you can't really upgrade the valves to make the bags fill faster unless you buy a conversion kit from wakemakers, $1000.
    I just drink a beer while they fill up.
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV.
    325 ASSAULT

If you go to the electric balls valves instead of the diaphragm style sprinkler valves they will fill about 40% faster.

2017 Moomba Craz

Hey all, I just bought a 2006 Mobius XLV and both my rear bags are filling when at cruising speed with the pumps off. Would the sprinkler valves be causing this issue as well? Thanks for your help.

Yes, common issue with failing sprinkler valves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Heath860 View Post
    Hey all, I just bought a 2006 Mobius XLV and both my rear bags are filling when at cruising speed with the pumps off. Would the sprinkler valves be causing this issue as well? Thanks for your help.
    Check that the manual overrides aren't on. Little black levers located on each valve.
    2005 Mobius LSV
    325 EFI