Setup:

JL Audio m700/5 amp running 6x Kicker 6.5 Inch KM LED 4ohm speakers in the cabin as well as a KM122 12" sub off the SUB channel

JL Audio ??? amp running 2x REV10 Wet Sounds tower speakers

Problem:

Due to other issues (tune up, fuel pump relay, etc) I have had intermittent hard starting conditions. Last week I was finalizing installation of stereo and LEDs so I was running the stereo for ~2-3 hours on house battery only (not cranking battery). At the end of work I was curious if battery #2 still had enough juice to crank the boat so while stereo was playing I turned the key and motor cranked slow but eventually fired it off. That's when I noticed the m700/5 was no longer powered - no green LED on the face. I power cycled the stereo circuit, no change. I turned Perko switch to 1+2 battery, cycled stereo, no change. Tested connection at amp, 12.5V on the supply line, 12.5V on the remote wire, good ground. Everything at the amp physically was there to tell it to run but no dice. After about an hour of troubleshooting I cranked the boat again and the amp came back to life. It acts like a current draw/surge wakes it up??

Fast forward to Saturday, same occurrence. Long crank at the ramp to fire up (turns out fuel relay is going out) and 2nd amp won't power on. Hung out at the beach for 2-3 hours, went to pickup more people at dock and finally 2nd amp comes back to life. I can't find anywhere whether or not JL amps have a current protection mode, nor do I see where they can be hard reset.

There is some corrosion occurring on the bottom of the amp where the paint is beginning to come off but I don't see anything else going wrong physically. I have not removed the power connections to inspect yet but from what I can tell they are pristine. Besides, no physical movement of wires or jarring of amp changes its behavior, only electrical loads (or time) seem to do it.

All the while with problems with m700/5 amp, the other JL amp runs the REV10's fine. Anyone have any ideas?