Default Power loss and loud noise?!

I have a 05 outback with 107 hours, most of those hours problem free. But yesterday I had some friends out and the problems began! It wasnt my first time out this season. When you push the throttle forward to accelrate up at about 10 or 11 mph as the boat rises and gets out of the hole There is a sudden powerloss and the engine revs, it feels like my transmission disengaged or something. It does not happen all the time and most frequently when pulling a wakeboarder. I stopped the wakeboarding and drove around a bit more to see if the problem happened, only one more time. It seems though, if you ease the throttle it does not happen, but give it a good push and it happens. If anyone can give me a hint or clue I'd really be thankful. Thanks

Default One more thing I forgot

When this happens the temperature gauge goes all over the place! Any Clues..Thanks

I don't know about the temperature guage, but the other symptoms sound like a clogged fuel filter. The same thing happened to me last year (also in the first few runs of the season). Note that there may be more than one filter to check.

Default I'm an idiot

It helps to have some transmission fluid in the transmission. I checked my fluid level and it didnt even show up on the dipstick.....oops. Put some in and took it out..runs like a champ. Lesson learned....check your fluid level like it says in the owners manaual.

Leak? where?

I know this is a LONG shot but something to check. We still do not know what caused my buddies XLV Distributor cap (inside) to become wet to the point of corrosion but he had some strange issues and that was the cause.
    Pop your Dist cap off and check it out.
    Bruce Fuerstenberg

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...holy shit!...what a ride!