Default Wakemakers upgrade to Helix

Now have the wakemakers bag buster rear ballast upgrade, what a difference! The wave is steep and has tons of push. If I could tweak anything now would like to try to make the wave a little longer. Also I have one regular goofy rider and wave is not as clean . Any suggestions would be appreciated but stoked with boat now.

What speeds are you at now? You can add length a few different ways and most have some trade-off's, which isn't a bad thing IMO. Need to know more about what your settings are now.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Agree with Hack. There are many ways to lengthen the wave. I am partial to anything that does not reduce overall weight/dislacement. Do u have IBS? You can add a few 50 lb lead bags at the bow, they don't take much space and increases overall weight and displacement. You can increase speed.
    To clean the goofy wave, mainly play with the surf tabs and speed. I personally prefer not to move weight around, I keep the boat evenly weighted and use the plates, tabs and speed to clean the wave. I like to be able to switch quickly from regular to goofy with the flip of switch and not mess with weights.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by Bch53211 View Post
    Now have the wakemakers bag buster rear ballast upgrade, what a difference! The wave is steep and has tons of push. If I could tweak anything now would like to try to make the wave a little longer. Also I have one regular goofy rider and wave is not as clean . Any suggestions would be appreciated but stoked with boat now.
    What did you end up finding out?
    2019 Moomba Helix
    added subwoofer and 5 channel amp for sub and inboats

These days I am using the two stock 600 pound bags one on the back seat (surf side corner) and one on the floor and I have an additional 10 50 lb lead bags. I put 3 or 4 of the lead bags in the bow along with my 50 lb anchor , 2 in each rear compartment below the 1050s and 2-3 on floor surf side. Run at about 11.1 mph. The wave has tons of push but is pretty steep and length is a bit limited. I’ve played with moving a little more weight up front and running at a little more speed it does lengthen the wave a bit but seems to take away from the push a tad. I also have a nauticurl wave shaper that helps clean up the wave. Overall I’m very happy with my wave. I think there is only so much you can do with a boat that is 20.5 feet long.
    Last edited by Bch53211; 09-07-2021 at 11:26 AM.