Thread: 01 Mobius

Default 01 Mobius

Guys . So this really bugs the hell out of me and have been trying to come up with a solution ( i have made a couple things but just didnt fit with the boat) . On my year of Mobius , next to the captains chair going under the helm there is a large portion of unused space . No cup holders , no speaker pods , etc . I would love to put something down there for cups, tray to hold things etc . Seeing the newer years , basically thats what they have done in that open space . So i ordered a Speaker/Cup panel from GreatLakeSkipper for a Supra . Has dual cup holders and dual speaker pods . Going to try and custom set it in behind the panel where the throttle is located then run the other end up to the sub box i currently have under the helm . BTW another damn thing is the position of the steering box under the dash on this year model . It sits LOWER than the dash and is a poain in the ass to hide it , fit anything under it etc .

Has anyone made or fab up a custom panel for the side AND under the helm ? Pic would be great if you have

I use that shelf for a fire extinguisher mount, .45 holster, etc. Kind of harder to reach for a cup holder. Another thought is the speaker pods are going to be facing into an enclosed area - maybe not the best sound output.

If you put a panel over the steering you are going to block access for any on the water fixes without having to tear even more apart. My switch circuit board sticks down a little too I guess.

I guess I've never really noticed it enough to bother me. My zone controller is mounted right under the ignition so I suppose that probably hides mine a little and makes things look more tidy.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

I dont have a shelf actually ...there is NOTHING there . Below the throttle and below the seat to the right where the "body" comes up to the dash there is nothing under there . The steering box hangs down at least 4 inches from the bottom of the dash . Im more concerned about the panel on the side . It a huge unused area , there is zero cup holders or storage on the helm or even close to the helm . As far as the speakers go , im not looking for great sound quailty honestly because i already have 8 6.5s, 2 8s and 2 10s in the boat . Would basically just be to plug the holes haha !! When the piece arrives i will take some pictures and show my idea on how to make it work !!

Got the panel in . Its smaller than expected BUT i think it will work . Will take some pics