Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Need opinions / experiences

I'm getting a new cover for my OBV from Evolution and thorn between getting a color that matches the boat and trailer (mine is Brittany Blue) and just the typical gray like the OEM cover that I have now. Pros / cons / opinions?? What do you guys thinks?

TIA
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Ours is black and I think it looks sharp. Boat is blue metal flake, black with small amount of white.

If Opinion is truly what you're after I would have to say black also.... I love my OEM black cover and don't care much for the OEM grey ones..... I would be afraid of the blue not matching well with the shade of the boat and make it look "cheaper". No doubt I would go with black from Evolution. But again this is simply my opinion.

-Tyler

2012 Mobius LSV (Sold)
    2020 Mojo

I originally had a lighter gray cover. Considered dark gray/graphite to match the boat interior when getting a new one. Went black instead, no regrets. The gray showed a lot of dirt, water spots, etc. like other colors would I'm sure. Black shows very little besides a little fuzz here and there.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

I went with matching gray of the factory boat cover and black moomba lettering on the cover and get asked about it all the time people think it's factory-installed

Quote Originally Posted by Tylerrnemt View Post
    I would be afraid of the blue not matching well with the shade of the boat and make it look "cheaper".
    That is my worry too - the colors don't match and then it's looks cheap as you mentioned. I saw a yellow boat with a yellow cover on their website and thought it looked nice, but the yellows did match.
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

This is ours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sickpainter View Post
    I went with matching gray of the factory boat cover and black moomba lettering on the cover and get asked about it all the time people think it's factory-installed
    Where on the cover did you add the Moomba lettering?
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

Quote Originally Posted by 02Outback View Post
    This is ours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    that looks great......are those markings where the cleats are or some sort of cut out to access the cleats?
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

I would agree on the blue not matching. Mine is also Brittany blue and my Jeep is like one shade off. An aftermarket blue cover and the OEM grey one came with the boat when I bought it so of course I wanted to use the blue one. Nope. 3 different shades of blue off just enough to really bother me. The grey cover is in terrible condition but it looks better to me.

2004 Moomba Outback LS
    2016 Wrangler JK