Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Makes sense I guess..I would reroute the overflow to the top myself. That’s how it is in my CRAZ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    All of the Wakemakers kits for the Max are 1,345 rear bags, or at least they are these days on their site. When you option for 2018 or 2019 it says 1,885 lbs per side. When you do the same for the 2020 Max it says 1.345 per side because I believe they assume you’ve optioned your Max with the optional 500 lb midship bags.

Yes definitely upgrade your ballast because the boat needs more weight to sink and displace enough water to make anwwve have push. I had the same issue at 230 lbs and now we have push from the additional Wakemakers ballast.

As for the overflow vent on the midship, it’s not mandatory as I don’t currently have it on mine but it will likely make the pumps happier and allow the bags to fill easier and eliminate the need to burp the midship bags.

We don’t use autowake for surfing. I haven’t tried it with the new ballast but when we did try it with the stock ballast the wave wasn’t that great. Yes the thing was calibrated. Autowake is not quite what the name implies and it’s more of a tool to use for verifying you’re angles once you manually setup a wake you like you turn on autowake to see the pitch and roll angles and then you turn it off. Then you go into the settings and enter those values so next time in theory it can make the same wave. Read through the long autowake thread to understand it better. I think autowake works so long as you have enough weight in the boat either by people or ballast. Stock ballast and a light crew it doesn’t work great or st least for us and many others it seems.

As far as the bag install and diagrams there are some on here. Just search “Max ballast” and you should run across them. I have posted diagrams and others have too. I have a video of the install as well which will give you an idea what to do whether you use WM midship or reuse the factory ones. https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....-install-video

Here is a thread with some diagrams https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....last-Questions
    Now I see what your talking about....you added mid and rear for the total......I thought the number was just a rear bag. Thank you for your help!
    D
    2022 MAX
    Steamboat,CO

If 100 lb kids "can't find the push", either your boat is setup completely wrong, or you guys don't really know how to surf yet and are trying to do stuff you shouldn't be doing yet.
    2019 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by htfit View Post
    It is low because that is the factory position of the overflow. Factory uses vent caps at the top of the bag that slowly release the air. I would imagine they did that setup to eliminate hoses sitting on top of the bag.

I personally moved the vent line to the top of the bag which I think makes more logical sense. The only issue I ran into is when you have really tall bags the vent hose can get trapped between the bag and the side of the locker while filling. I had a vent hose pop off because it got pinched.

But I reran the vent hose and tied it with zips ties more in the center so it doesnt get caught between the side of the boat and the bag.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    In addition I also wonder if part of the reasoning for the lower overflow line was in part due to the ballast sensors they added in 2019 along with the rerouted overflow and vent caps? I personally don't mind them being low as they still work for overflow but I like to toss all sorts of junk on top of the rear bags and having the vent line there would worry me or at least I'd have to be a little more careful with what I toss in there to not knock the clip on the ballast connector. With the lower overfill its out of sight and out of mind and allows me to toss things in there without much worry. It would be interesting to see if there are any time differences in filling with an overflow vent at the top vs overflow at the bottom w/ vent caps on top.
    Last edited by haknslash; 06-10-2020 at 08:05 PM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

19' Max stock ballast (3k) is not enough for a 200lb rider IMO. Thats why they added the 4k option in 2020
    2019' Moomba Max

Question.....I you move stock 1000 to mid ship, do you use the third overflow....or plug it and vent out the top? If you plug it, what do you plug it with? Can find a female plug for quick release if that makes sense?
    2022 MAX
    Steamboat,CO

It would be a male blank plug.
    2019' Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by DNIXD99 View Post
    It would be a male blank plug.
    So where the three connectors at the bottom rear of the bag connected to fill / drain/ and overflow....they are all male quick connects. I am assuming two of them will be connected to drain and fill when I move them to mid ship. that leaves the third not plugged. Does that male quick connect unscrew somehow for a blank male plug to be put in its place? Seemed to not unscrew for me, unless its glued or something and needs to be heated to be taken off. Thanks
    2022 MAX
    Steamboat,CO

It unscrews out, just like the top vent plugs. Just replace with a male blank.
    2019' Moomba Max

thanks...I will look at it today....appreciate it very much!
    2022 MAX
    Steamboat,CO